Overclocking the Atom Eee PC...Can it be done?

Nope. my BIOS is locked. What about linux? I would never put windows on my netbook.

It seems to run sluggish in certain programs, and will run at 100% CPU capacity for very long periods of time in larger programs.
Linux = BAAAAD IDEA. What happens if you mess up your OS? theres no optical drive, therefore no way to restore it. Also, the netbook is VERY prone to overheating. I really don't suggest overclocking it.
Why would one need or even want to overclock a netbook? What's the point?

I wonder the same thing. It's not like you can do any gaming on it.

Linux = BAAAAD IDEA. What happens if you mess up your OS? theres no optical drive, therefore no way to restore it. Also, the netbook is VERY prone to overheating. I really don't suggest overclocking it.
If I mess up my OS, I keep a flashdrive with a backup on it, so that isn't a problem. Remember it's a minimalist netbook, so it only has a 4 GB SSD (at the moment)

I don't want to OC it much. I figure 1.8 to 1.9 would be enough.

If I mess up my OS, I keep a flashdrive with a backup on it, so that isn't a problem. Remember it's a minimalist netbook, so it only has a 4 GB SSD (at the moment)

I don't want to OC it much. I figure 1.8 to 1.9 would be enough.
OK, so how are you going to access the flashdrive? No OS means no USB drivers, and even if it had USB drivers, it would still need an OS to read the drive.

I wonder the same thing. It's not like you can do any gaming on it.
Disregard this about linux. I thought you were saying move from windows to linux, which would be a bad move.

the bios is capable of a usb boot and restore.
Also, it can boot from a usb optical drive.

Oh, I did not know that. In that case, they sound half decent. But any overclocking program should do, not just ntune. Ntune is actually a utility made by nvidia for overclocking nvidia GPU's. So anything of that nature will get the job done :D

Hey,
Just wanted to say Why are wanting to overclock the netbook?

ntune does work fine with Lenevo,Dell,Asus Netbooks

Try to research the subject beacuse i dont know any other programs that can overclock the CPU
ntune is your friend.

Hey,
Just wanted to say Why are wanting to overclock the netbook?

ntune does work fine with Lenevo,Dell,Asus Netbooks

Try to research the subject beacuse i dont know any other programs that can overclock the CPU
ntune is your friend.

OK apparently you didn't read the thread. I want to OC because it runs at 100% CPU usage for extended periods of time, which causes it to be incredibly sluggish with anything else.

I can't use ntune because ntune is mindows only. it has linux.

Back
Top Bottom