Overclocking the Atom Eee PC...Can it be done?

foothead

Omnicide now.
Hello. I have an atom Eee PC (900a) and am wondering about overclocking it. I have noticed that they seem to run sluggish when running certain programs (especially openoffice) so I want to OC it. I have heard a very limited amount about OCing the celeron one, but not the Atom. Thanks.

EDIT: It is the LINUX one.

and the Answer is..

Yes it can be Done!!
You need to install ntune.
search it on Google and then Mod your netbook =-D

and the Answer is..

Yes it can be Done!!
You need to install ntune.
search it on Google and then Mod your netbook =-D

Uhm, well, using ntune isn't really modding it. But sure, with ntune it's probably possible. Although I would strongly suggest going through the bios whenever possible.

Yea,
But its a good effect with ntune.
also you cant use BIOS on a intel atom most of BIOS is locked.

Keyword most ;)

And the problem with ntune is that if it goes haywire and has consistent BSOD's, it can be difficult to get back into it to fix it. I don't know if going into the bios and just restoring the settings will fix it :-/

Keyword most ;)

And the problem with ntune is that if it goes haywire and has consistent BSOD's, it can be difficult to get back into it to fix it. I don't know if going into the bios and just restoring the settings will fix it :-/

Nope. my BIOS is locked. What about linux? I would never put windows on my netbook.

Why would one need or even want to overclock a netbook? What's the point?

It seems to run sluggish in certain programs, and will run at 100% CPU capacity for very long periods of time in larger programs.

Back
Top Bottom