building my own copmuter

I suggest starting out with a solid, well performing PC. Then, once you get into gaming, and you want more out of your system, you can buy the best hardware when you really need it (buying top of the line now and not needing it isn't as great as getting top of the line in a few months from now and needing it).

As for monitor size, I suggest something around 22", which is quite a bit in my opinion. But, I'd suggest staying above 19".

As for speakers, if you want a rock solid, great sounding system that's not too expensive, I suggest the Logitech Z-2300, or if you want slightly better performance (and surround sound) upgrade to the Z-5500.

thanks for the list but if i wanted a more RAM what would you recommend?
also is there another motherboard that has crossfire or SLI? if there is what Graphics cards would you recommend for it? and could you give me a case that has fan speed controller+volume controller. lastly if i was looking for a plasma screen monitor what would you recommend?

You don't really need any more than 4GB of ram to be honest, but if you want, you can get as much as your motherboard supports. As for motherboards, I suggest ASUS, Gigabyte, EVGA, Foxconn, and MSI. The type of motherboard really depends on the type of CPU you are getting, and the RAM depends on the motherboard. For graphics, you should be more than happy with a GTX 260. As for monitors, I don't think plasma is available any more, but I think you mean LCD. LCD monitors range in price and quality. If you want a good quality, yet affordable monitor, I suggest any Acer monitor. If you want a nicer monitor, go with Samsung, ASUS, LG, or ViewSonic. The case is really up to you, as you can always buy a fan controller that goes into one of your 5.25" drive bays (CD drive bays).

thanks for the list but if i wanted a more RAM what would you recommend?
also is there another motherboard that has crossfire or SLI? if there is what Graphics cards would you recommend for it? and could you give me a case that has fan speed controller+volume controller. lastly if i was looking for a plasma screen monitor what would you recommend?

As for graphics, I would recommend the ATI HD 4870, or the GtX260. You will probably want to look up benchmarks, and weigh the two out on your own. It all just comes down to how each performs in games you like, and their price.

As for the fan speed knob, I would suggest apevia cases if you want to stay under the $100 mark for a case.

And as for the plasma monitor, well, plasma is obsolete. They have good contrast ratios, but horrible resolutions. You will probably want to go with LCD, which is the standard in monitors. I would suggest something around 22". Also, the lower the latency, the better. And the higher the contrast ratio the better. Also, the higher the native resolution is better in most cases.

a system that can crush most games out there, definently. I play mostly 1st person shooters and overview/strategy games (whatever they're called, games like age of empires and medieval total war). The biggest monitor i'll get is probably 22" maybe 24".
Also since price isnt really an issue what kind of case would you recommend that has a fan speed control nob, volume control nob, atx mid to full tower size, and made of aluminum also it'd be good if it looked cool

a system that can crush most games out there, definently. I play mostly 1st person shooters and overview/strategy games (whatever they're called, games like age of empires and medieval total war). The biggest monitor i'll get is probably 22" maybe 24"

I would suggest waiting to get a top of the line computer until you have some more experience with them. Once you move up to that line of stuff, things get a bit more complicated. Also, you have to know what you want. And those games would be considered RTS's, or Real Time Strategy games. I would recommend staying away from HP monitors. Hell, avoid those things like the F*@king plague. I have one, and they are horrendous. Everyone I have known with one has had nothing but crap. mine just goes totally white after it's been on for around 3 hours, and you have to let it cool down for around 5 minutes until it will work again. This thing is only around 4 months old. It's already been RMA'd TWICE. The first one did this, the second one arrived cracked, and then this is the third one. Just utter crap.

also how much RAM does windows vista support, i'm getting either home premium or ultimate, not sure yet, any recommendations?

Back
Top Bottom