Why I Learned How To Build My Computer

I've always hated GeekSquad. But there are some people that I know personally that would rather get overcharged by them than have me fix it for them for free.

My dad's ex-girlfriend wanted a wireless network set up, but she refused to have me do it ($45 router + free labor), so she went with Geeksquad and paid $150 for the router, $50 for each computer to be plugged in (well one was a notebook), and then $80 for labor. I'm glad my dad left her lol.

I've always hated GeekSquad. But there are some people that I know personally that would rather get overcharged by them than have me fix it for them for free.

My dad's ex-girlfriend wanted a wireless network set up, but she refused to have me do it ($45 router + free labor), so she went with Geeksquad and paid $150 for the router, $50 for each computer to be plugged in (well one was a notebook), and then $80 for labor. I'm glad my dad left her lol.

LMFAO!

Yeah.. You can have some of my friends if you want... I'm ALWAYS being asked "Hey dude can you fix this for me?" whether if be myspace code a picture or setting up a network..

What a rip.

Sounds like she had money to throw away. Maybe you could have cashed in on that? :D

I applied at GeekSquad. :D :D

I'll be one of those who charges nothing to fix no-brainer problems. Unless, of course, they can fire me for such things.

Haha... I've had the exact opposite luck.

I applied at GeekSquad. :D :D

I'll be one of those who charges nothing to fix no-brainer problems. Unless, of course, they can fire me for such things.
Yeah, I thought about applying there, but I decided against it because I don't agree with their ways of ripping people off. I found a local computer repair store that I have been to several times before and I'm thinking about applying there.

I also applied for my local Geek Squad and I refuse to rip people off like that. I'd reconnect anything in a computer for free if it was easy to find (HD cable, drive cable, RAM, power connector, etc...)

The prices Geek Squad have are ridiculous. I would be tempted to tell a customer to find a better store and get it done cheaper, or better yet, drop it off at my house and I'll fix it for a much lower price. Of course I would lose my job that way if I had it, but this world isn't fair. Never is.

If I owned a business in which fixing a computer (a problem that required more than just plugging in a cable) could bring in loads of cash regardless of whether I'd be ripping someone off or not I would keep on going. Money is money my friend. Why will I be nice to everyone when I know most of the population won't be nice back to me? The world is competitive and I'm just realizing how much so. I will show no mercy.

edit: My well-being comes before the well-being of others.

Back
Top Bottom