Please HELP...Broken Video Card & Broken Brain...

DorkiDorri

Baseband Member
So my computer I have died on me and I need a new video card for it. I don't want to spend crazy amounts of money cause I just ordered a $1200 computer, but I at least want to put a card in there that will still allow me to run games, nothing to crazy just like the Sims 2, B&W, Spore, Age of Empires,... also this computer is for all of my music I have a little over 100gb of music and for my videos and pictures. This computer was built in Jan 05. I also have a fried PSU that I have to replace, plus I am going to put more ram in it...Needless to say I really want to spend about $50-75 for a good video card that will do everything I need, but I have no idea if that is even possible....Please help...

Some of the specs are:

Intel Processer...? I have no idea what spec cause it isn't on and I cant see it....it probably not anything fancy though
500w ATX PSU
M950 v3.3 Motherboard....I think it is an AGP.....I have no idea, I looked up the model number and the picture is identical....this is the link I went to:
http://www.pcchipsusa.com/PCCWebSite/Products/ProductsDetail.aspx?DetailID=234&CategoryID=1&DetailName=Feature&MenuID=45&LanID=0
1.5gb Ram
500gb HardDrive

I know its not a lot but thats all I know, sorry, please do let me know if there is anything else you need to know...

I am totally clueless on what video cards would even work for this computer? Also I dont want to spend a ton to fix this computer but I do want to be able to do stuff on it even after I get my other computer. Someone I know mention to know what APV slot....I have no idea what he is talking about, lol, please help. All of my pictures and videos of my daughter are on there and I need to get them off asap I I have no pictures of her at all. I am frantic and completely confused, please please help. Thank you sooooooo much!!! I want to get this fixed as soon as possible...I highly doubt it will be able to run the Sims 3 but that would be awesome even if everything was on the lowest setting...
:confused:

~Belle

That totally sucks, my new computer will be my gaming computer it is just gonna take forever to build it...Thats a total bummer that older technology is more expensive. What Video Card would you recommend for around $100..? I just want to get it up and running to save my data for the main part but also to let my daughter use it for her kid games, which take barely anything to run...THANK YOU for your help computers are really new to me and kinda overwhelming and thank goodness for kind people like you to help my dumb-a$s....Thanks again and I look forward to hearing your advice...
~Belle

I will totally check it out, I really dont want to just chuck this computer even if I am already getting another one. It might not fit but if I move my hard drives down it probably would

ahhh, sorry didn't see that part

Yea the best Performance you can get with an AGP card is the 3850

Oh okay :) Thanks for clearing that up. So ya both think thats the best card for my outdated mobo & computer? Do you think I would be able to play some games with the video card that was recommended and 4gb or ram instead of 1.5? Oh yeah and a working PSU I was thinking of maybe a 500-650w PSU? But a better know brand than the ones that keep craping out on me

Back
Top Bottom