Looking at new hardware help.

People need to find legitimate reasons not to like AMD or Intel. Fanboy-ness shouldn't play into another poster's build. Price/performance HAS be taken in to consideration. Not...."oooh ATI sux...intel rooolesss!!! FTW. OMGZ. ROFLCOPTER."

I have an intel build. Look at my sig. But I'm smart enough to see that mid-range budget builds favor AMD right now. Towards the high end, i7 and the new phenom are pretty close. Lower end, intel or AMD are both pretty good, but AMD is probably just a little bit better bang for the buck.

well i never said ATi sucks if you where refering to me, just said i did not like them. I agree AMD is cheaper but i trust the Intel name more, aswell as Nvidia.

Nvidia just always seems to be on top of things, including nVision, i dont see ATiVision

well i never said ATi sucks if you where refering to me, just said i did not like them. I agree AMD is cheaper but i trust the Intel name more, aswell as Nvidia.

Nvidia just always seems to be on top of things, including nVision, i dont see ATiVision

I'm referring to anyone that has the view I explained. AMD and Intel are both reputable.

Ive only used Amd for gaming i have never had a intel setup i was looking at a intel core 2 duo E7400 2.8Ghz
P43D skt775 1600-PCX ddr2/3
2GB ddr2 800Mhz ram
250 hdd
no gfx only onboard 128mb
normal bland case+400w psu
seemed a bit of a waste really im upgrading the other one i mentioned earlier to 8Gb ram,9800GT,750 HDD,580w PSU,i went back to make the next load of upgrades still only at £519 inc a vista ultimate OS.

To fill the amount i want to spend some slim upgrades like cathode's etc did want a large TFT but i already have a 52" Hd to hook it up to at 3ms refresh rate.

LOL well according to "The Showdown" ATI is ontop of things...ROFL

Back
Top Bottom