Win 7 What do you think?

Russel1

Daemon Poster
So far on my new system I've installed Vista Ultimate, Win XP (I had some trouble installing XP due to the F-lock key but thats another story), and currently I'm running Windows 7 64-bit. Win 7 has really impressed me. It seems to run everything that I throw at it. Some of the new interface features have me so spoiled that, at work, after the second try, I realized that XP Pro doesn't have the feature.

Those of you running Win 7 What do you think?

Those with multi core processors, do you notice an improvement over Vista or XP with regard to processor utilization?

[edit]
Has anyone tweaked the services on Win 7 using the Blackviper guide?
http://www.blackviper.com/Windows_7/servicecfg.htm
[end edit]

I just put it on my laptop last night and have been playing with it for a few hours now and I'm really liking it. It has a great look to it and does seem to run faster than Vista.

I'm on 32-bit and thinking about it putting it on my other computers.

i got the 64 bit version and i like it a lot but it still has problems that are noticeable. Its better and more fluent than vista but their is still bugs to be fixed.

Also kinda of dont like that some things are not fully compatible but no surprise their cause technically this is not a real OS right now

I installed XP pro 64 bit last night to try out on the new system. I've used XP for quite a while and that is what I expected to use on this new system, but after Win 7, it just doesn't seem the same. I've re-installed Win 7.

Techmaster05, can you explain what problems you've been having with the 64 bit version?

I like W7, I installed W7 RC build 7100 64-bit a couple weeks ago after running build 7057 64-bit and I am liking it so far. It's much quicker than Vista, more stable, runs programs better and it just overall nicer. I would seriously consider buying it as long as the price isn't completely nuts.

I'm dual booting Vista and W7 and I haven't used Vista for the longest time.

W7 is the better MS OS i see. This is active 100% as XP and this speed, performance , resource allocation same as XP ...Other things like interface, display, ect...like windows vista. but i recommended W7 is better than vista

Back
Top Bottom