Benchmark Contest

sounds good, i'll hafto try that in the morning after work, gtg to bed now : /

whats max safe vcore for these cards? 1.4?

I think we should make this a sticky topic?

10sec SuperPI 1M. Beat that quad owners. E3110 single threaded performance FTW!!!
Bring it on Rohan, I got you beat on this one.

superpi4410mhz.jpg

And don't worry, I'll get my Furmark score up once I've finished with my X2.

EDIT: ATi Tray tools had me puzzled a second. Then I realized I had the hotkey poller enabled.

Bah,Here's meh' Furmark Scores:

Capture-2.jpg

At the moment im running the stock clocks for my card,I'll do some OC'ing later and see how far i can push this card!

I Also wanna beat PokerDegenerate's CPU OC :D - What kind of Temps are you getting PD?

Idle in morning is 33*c, During the day its ~37*c, and Max temp after 6 hours prime is 55*c That was during the day and it gets hot here during the day so ambient temps are pretty high...:( I hit ~3.9 but it gets too hot during the day to keep it there and feel safe. If I had better airflow in my case I would leave it there but for now this is fine. :D

After having my computer on all day gaming,surfing the internet and some video editing im at 37c but under stress i think my max is around 50c but at the moment im using the thermal heat paste that came with my heatsink (And it sucks LOL).

Im Hoping to Match your OC Of 3.7Ghz without having to replace the Paste :D

Although Eventually i want to replace the 3 120mm Fans i currently have that have the airflow of 39.77CFM @ 19db With 4 140mm Fans that have the airflow of 63.5 CFM @ 16db :D

What HSF are you using?
I think my case has some to do with my problem too. I am pretty sure if I get a better cooling case I might be able to shave a few degrees off as well but these chips are so volt hungry its not even funny. Most of the OC's Ive seen it needs over 1.5 volts to get stable at 3.8 I got mine stable at 3.9 @ 1.52 volts but I really don't see much of a point in over volting and overheating for an extra ~ .175 Ghz for everyday use this is good for me for now.

From what I have seen tho the 940 comes pretty damn close if not beats most of the 955's in OC ability. Get your's up to 3.8 :D and maybe I will get back at it again and try some more fine tuning and see what else I can push outta this bad boy. Who knows maybe Ill even pull out my rig and set her up with some fans in an AC room and see how far I can push it....:D:D

Well AMD have said that the PII Chips can go up to 1.55v Safely without damaging anything so thats the highest (Volt wise) I'll go.

At the moment i have the OCZ Vendetta II which i really like because it's quiet and does a good job :)

Oh and your on,3.8 here i come :D

i know about the p2 chips 1.55v, but i was wandering what about a 4850?

It took me 23.1s to get 1M of pi digits on stock clock :)

i know about the p2 chips 1.55v, but i was wandering what about a 4850?
You most definitely won't be able to cool it with the stock cooler above 1.4V, so draw the line there. 1.4V is safe for a 55nm core, I'd say.

Back
Top Bottom