New build, will these parts work?

Great AMD Build ($25 over budget I think...well a little more with shipping...I just did a build similar to this)
CPU
MB
RAM
GPU
PSU
Case

You could splurge and get a little bit better video card. But if you plan on gaming, I wouldn't get any other components with lesser performance than these listed.

EDIT: My apologies for not adding an HDD or optical drive. Will you need them? Or do you have soem to reuse?

Great AMD Build ($25 over budget I think...well a little more with shipping...I just did a build similar to this)
CPU
MB
RAM
GPU
PSU
Case

You could splurge and get a little bit better video card. But if you plan on gaming, I wouldn't get any other components with lesser performance than these listed.

EDIT: My apologies for not adding an HDD or optical drive. Will you need them? Or do you have soem to reuse?

Yeah looks good. this is a much better board though. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813135075
It comes with decent built in gfx, and has GREAT OC potential.

Yeah looks good. this is a much better board though. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813135075
It comes with decent built in gfx, and has GREAT OC potential.

There's not much difference between that and the board I posted. I don't trust ECS. They aren't really that great...it's got mixed reviews, too. Plus, onboard graphics aren't very well suited for any type of gaming that's of medium-intensity. Plus, we don't even know if he can go this route..depends if he need optical and hdd yet...

There's not much difference between that and the board I posted. I don't trust ECS. They aren't really that great...it's got mixed reviews, too. Plus, onboard graphics aren't very well suited for any type of gaming that's of medium-intensity. Plus, we don't even know if he can go this route..depends if he need optical and hdd yet...

True. I have that board on my media center, though, and it is great. I haven't had much problem gaming, even with the onboard gfx.

True. I have that board on my media center, though, and it is great. I haven't had much problem gaming, even with the onboard gfx.

Yes, but you just can't beat a dedicated card (unless it's ancient or THAT crappy). Don't get me wrong, onboard will get you by for a while. But if any serious gaming ensues, a dedicated is needed.

And, I'd take a slightly slower graphics performer in the 780V in a well-known brand (foxconn, evga, gigabyte, etc.) vs. an off-brand, mixed-quality slightly better graphics performer 780G board.

Yeah. I know. It's just for my media PC, so I don't need much. Actually, I am currently looking for a good dedicated card for my next build. I already have a forum posted about it. I'm having trouble because it needs to run dual 28" WUXGA monitors, and I don't want to spend a fortune.

That's not a bad board. It's no overclocker though. If you want to push that E5300 any (and maybe upgrade to a quad later on), I would suggest something with an Intel P45 chipset.
I just hit 500x9 on my P5K. That's a very basic P35 board. The P35s are very capable OC'ers IMO.

Back
Top Bottom