Looking at new hardware help.

Legion

Solid State Member
Hi all just joined the forum looking for some advice on hardware im currently looking at a shop built pc to my requirements and wondered what would be wrong and price check.

Im looking to play hi-res games but with enough brute force not to lag or skip during play the pc is as follows:
Asrock mainboard
AMD athlon 7850 x2 2.8Ghz
4Gb ddr2 667 ram
250 Hdd
512mb 9800GT
coolmaster case
all for £375 what do you think?

Hi all just joined the forum looking for some advice on hardware im currently looking at a shop built pc to my requirements and wondered what would be wrong and price check.

Im looking to play hi-res games but with enough brute force not to lag or skip during play the pc is as follows:
Asrock mainboard
AMD athlon 7850 x2 2.8Ghz
4Gb ddr2 667 ram
250 Hdd
512mb 9800GT
coolmaster case
all for £375 what do you think?

What's your budget?

What's your budget?

My budget is £800 looking for a good and effective build the store owner said he is closing down soon so all parts have to go not alot of parts to choose from i can manually build very easily but the store deals in built only deals to begin with was a
amd athlon x2 5200
2gb 667 ram
250 hdd
7050 onboard gfx
6 channel sound onboard
no OS
thaught a little tweak will do.

That first build isn't bad. You would get a bit better performance if you could get some DDR2 800 instead of the 667. Otherwise, it should be a capable gamer.

My budget is £800 looking for a good and effective build the store owner said he is closing down soon so all parts have to go not alot of parts to choose from i can manually build very easily but the store deals in built only deals to begin with was a
amd athlon x2 5200
2gb 667 ram
250 hdd
7050 onboard gfx
6 channel sound onboard
no OS
thaught a little tweak will do.

according to google, that's $1,291.12!!!!!!!!!! You could so much with that kind of budget!! i7 or new Phenom build, FTW! Someone else can take over now. If you don't wanna spend that much (like if you need to include monitor, keyboard, mouse, speakers, etc. in the price), let me know and I'll post the budget (but good) AMD system I just build.

oh wait lol, i thought u where saying that the specs he gave came out to a total of over 1k, oppes. my fault but that is a good budget

Yeah, go with a phenom II. It is the most cost-effective system you can build right now. The 3.2 is only $225, and that's quad core. Put that with a good ASUS mobo, a decent gfx card,and some DDR3 and you've got a KILLER gaming rig.

Back
Top Bottom