How much power do I need?

Your system load should end up being around 230 watts stock at max. At 3.8ghz it might get to around 300 watts

So yes the OCZ is the best way to go, nice pick rooster

first of all that case is horrible and shipping for that is extremely expensive.

Get this case:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129042&Tpk=antec 300

And get the OCZ 500 watt. Yes your system might only pull 300 watts but you have to remember your system pulls most of its power from the 12v rail, And that raidmax's 420watt only has 317watts on its 12v rail, you dont want your psu to be at max capacity while your running your system it wont last long foothead.

The OCZ 500watt has about 432 watts on its 12v rail which like was said, will give plenty of power. Plus its a quailty power supply, you could add a stronger video card later and not have to buy a new psu

Okay. I will get the OCZ. I really like the raidmax case though, so I think it's worth the extra few dollars to me. My friend has it, and it is the coolest looking case I have ever seen. I might use the PSU from it when I build my brother's new computer, because he only wants a dual core AMD.

Well i guarantee that psu in that case wont run ANY system for long before it fails. Usually psu+cases are just gimmics and the psu is just shit quailty, probably 50C temp rated capacitors, 60% Efficiency, High line noise that spikes up voltages and ruins the processor, video card etc. it might seem like a good deal but remember the manufacter needs to make a profit somehow.

And a power supply IS the most important component in a system, if it fails all of your parts go with it.

Back
Top Bottom