New Monitors

foothead

Omnicide now.
Hi. my computer burned out the other day, so I decided I would build a new one rather than fixing it. I have pretty much decided on what to do for the computer, but my CRT monitors REALLY need an upgrade. I cannot live without dual monitors, and I decided to go BIG with this one. So, here are the ones I am considering.
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11236988
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824254026
I decided to get big ones so one can double as my TV, but it would bother me if they were different sizes, so I want 2 of the same one. I also intend to do light to moderate gaming on it, so how do you think they will do, and which ones should I get? thanks.

Well, that one is 1000:1, so 800:1 isn't much less. That isn't much of a problem to me, as my current LCD is only 400:1. Plus for me BIGGER is better.

Bigger isn't better if it looks like crap. 800:1 v. 1000:1 will probably be noticeable. Especially if you watch TV/Movies. I agree with Celegorm. That was actually what I was going to note about the monitors...but he beat me to it!

Okay. Is there a reasonably priced 28" monitor with a 1000:1 then? I won't spend more than $400 on each including shipping, but I really don't mind the aspect a whole lot unless there is a big difference between them.

Your getting a 28inch monitor with only a 9800gtx?? it wont be able to play games at 1920x1200 res man or even 1680res

Well, that one is 1000:1, so 800:1 isn't much less. That isn't much of a problem to me, as my current LCD is only 400:1. Plus for me BIGGER is better.

To be honest I would look at different ones. The contrast ratios on those are not that great.

These contrast ratio ratings are completely manipulated in order to attain the highest score possible. I wouldn't take them seriously.

OK then. What gfx card should I get then? I don't want to spend more than $150. I usually use ATI, so I am kind of unsure of how good each GPU is. I have dual 1600x1200 CRTs with my Radeon x1300 pro with only 256 MB VRAM, and the 9800 has 1 GB.

512mb video memory is all you need unless your getting a GTX 260 and above, Its all about. This graphics card should work perfectly:

HD 4870

Also go with the Hanns-G monitor. 800:1 isnt bad at all..

Back
Top Bottom