build/upgrade complete! thank you!

indiancheef

Baseband Member
hey guys,
been a while since i posted, but my build/upgrade project was done, and i have been playing a LOT of far cry 2 and cod-waw.
was just writing in this thread to thank you guys for all your help.
in the end, i bought the gtx 260 core 216, the coolermaster 690, and a new 750W psu.
i have learned one important lesson from my experience - dont buy dells haha. my old had a mirrored motherboard (everything was inverted) and so i couldnt put it in a new case, so in the end i was forced to buy a new motherboard, but what is done is done. i am very very happy with my computer! and i cant thank you guys enough! thanks a bunch!

PS: any good games i can play? i got stuck in farcry 2 at the 88% bug, so that was the end of that. and i finished codwaw, the multiplayer is....ok....repetitive. any suggestions?

wow! gratz man! i hope mine goes well too :D yeah, dells care crap - the OC is locked....

i really like guild wars (free online MMO)
RTS - medieval total war, company of heroes, world in conflict
FPS - cs:s, battlefield series, left4dead, s.t.a.l.k.e.r. , fear + fear2, the orange box, halo 2, gears of war
rpg - the witcher.... and probably more that idk about

also, go here and look, some great games included!

http://pc.ign.com/index/choice.html

Congratulations. I think I helped you, but I'm not sure. Put up some pictures of that rig!

will definitely do that soon. it doesnt look all that great, just a computer haha....
but i love it.
yeah rohan you helped me plenty. and thanks nda for those game names. i borrowed a copy of bioshock (played it a while back) but i am getting some crappy securom message, so that was the end of that. i cant wait for assassin's creed 2 and diablo3, when when when........

Good to hear it's up and running.

i borrowed a copy of bioshock (played it a while back) but i am getting some crappy securom message, so that was the end of that.
Well, Bioshock doesn't like to run off a copied disc. It will install, but when it does a CD check to start the game, you'll get that error. ;)

dameon tools eh?
well its all gravy anyway, i think my friend has an original copy somewhere.
if it hasnt been said, i have learned tons from this forum, and will be here for a while, offering whatever advice i can. for sure, i am never gonna buy a prebuilt computer again, but will build em myself. its inspirational to be able to build something and run it. i named my computer naomi. its i moan backwards.

Back
Top Bottom