Calls and hang up's on my cell phone

Tommy Boy

Golden Master
I keep getting these calls on my cell phone, a couple from a 602 area code, one from 877 (toll free) and one from an 866 toll free number from a company. I've gotten 3 today so far and over the past few weeks I've gotten probably a dozen calls. When they call, my cell rings for like 2 seconds and then quits. If I try to answer they just cut off. I have tried calling a few numbers back and they are all busy.........WTF?

Anyone experiencing this??.....It's really pissing me off. I did call the one 866 number and got an answering service for a company called advanced media group, so I left an angry message saying to delete my number and stuff. I'm ready to change my number......but what else can I do???

I had a couple calls like that but if you actually get one that connects you will get a automated message that says if you would like us to stop calling press 7 or something like that.

Well atleast that is how I stopped them calling mine. I was pissed when I started getting telemarketing calls on my cellie. I haven't had any since though

I had a couple calls like that but if you actually get one that connects you will get a automated message that says if you would like us to stop calling press 7 or something like that.

Well atleast that is how I stopped them calling mine. I was pissed when I started getting telemarketing calls on my cellie. I haven't had any since though
Yeah, there's nothing like that to make them stop calling on the numbers I'm getting calls from, like I said, they're all busy. Pisses me off too because I only give my cell number out to select people and I've been careful so that it doesn't get spread around too much. Then this happens and I am getting these phone calls now.

Tommy, my dad watches CNN/MSNBC/FOX religiously, and a few weeks ago he told me that cell phone companies (or listing agencies...some damn thing) were releasing all numbers. Supposedly there's a number you can call to put your cell on the DNCL (Do Not Call List) just like a normal land-line. Try and google it and see what you find. That might be the deal...

Yes, there is a DNCL for cell phones. At least in Wisconsin there is. Otherwise, if they are always the same numbers, you could get them blocked.

Tommy, my dad watches CNN/MSNBC/FOX religiously, and a few weeks ago he told me that cell phone companies (or listing agencies...some damn thing) were releasing all numbers. Supposedly there's a number you can call to put your cell on the DNCL (Do Not Call List) just like a normal land-line. Try and google it and see what you find. That might be the deal...

I've also heard things similar to this. I work in a law firm and our attorney that handles consumer law said that a lot of times different companies/carriers will sale their lists - sometimes it appears in your contract, sometimes it doesn't.

The last I heard (for Texas, at least) you could go online and put your number on a "Do Not Call List" like Dude said above. But if I remember right, for mobile numbers, there was a number that you had to call to be placed on that list. But even so, I think it takes a few weeks before everyone's call list is update.

Good luck!

Haha, good song.

Reminds of that Family Guy episode with Bryan on the keytar at the dance.

"Here's a song by a gay guy."

Back
Top Bottom