Got a quote from local Computer Store, Good deal?

woody84

Baseband Member
Fist off Hello, I have been "lurking" for a while and now decided to post.

Called local computer store that I heard good things about and have gotten smaller things from before (RAM Mouse Keyboard) and they never seem to jerk me around too much. I asked for two quotes, the first was for basically the most power I can get out of a computer for $1000 no monitor or anything just the computer this is what i got:

Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 3.16GHz
Asus Motherboard
4GB Kingston DDR 2 Ram expandable to 8GB
WD 250GB Sata Hard Drive
DVDRW Drive
MSI 9500GT 1GB PCIe Video Card with DVI, SVGA, & HDMI
TV Tuner Card
Coolermaster Case
Thermaltake 430W Power Supply
Logitech Keyboard and Mouse
Microsoft XP Home
1 Year Parts and Labor Warranty
$929.99

Does that seem ok? I know my way around a computer but looking for some more advise.

sorry, the second quote I asked for was a laptop, nothing AMAZING but still under $1000.00

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU 2.0 GHz
4GB Of Ram
320GB Hard Drive
DVDRW Drive
Vista Home Premium with Media Center Built In
Wifi
Bluetooth
Web cam
HDMI
16" Screen
E Sata
$899.99
3 Year Warranty

You could build your own. There's been lots of first timers that have rolled through here, I was one of them--and I'm still here :D What's your budget? Do you want to stick to a $1000? Cuz you can build one heck of a computer for $1000!

Sorry, posted before your edit: Umm...it's pretty much next to impossible to build a lappy. You can get barebones, but by the time your done, you'll probably shell out more money to build than buy pre-made. And as for how far off the above one is, we'd need some more precise specs, I guess. I can look into it but their info was very ambiguous...probably for a reason.

You could build your own. There's been lots of first timers that have rolled through here, I was one of them--and I'm still here :D What's your budget? Do you want to stick to a $1000? Cuz you can build one heck of a computer for $1000!

Sorry, posted before your edit: Umm...it's pretty much next to impossible to build a lappy. You can get barebones, but by the time your done, you'll probably shell out more money to build than buy pre-made. And as for how far off the above one is, we'd need some more precise specs, I guess. I can look into it but their info was very ambiguous...probably for a reason.

I am thinking that's the route I will take, I still have some parts from my old dell I'm sure I could still use. Hard Drive, optical Drives, some of the RAM.

you say I could build a nice computer for $1000? any recommendations on how to get started? I'm just now starting to research this stuff so please bear with me.

don't worry about looking up the laptop, I imagine if they mark up a desktop 100% then the lap top won't be much better.

I'm glad I posted here first. I would have walked out of there with a stupid smile on my face and a $500 computer.
thank you for the help!

jus build your own, ya'll save yourself lots of $, plus that extra 500$ is probably a charge for their labor. not worth it, build your own a much better one for that much.

Back
Top Bottom