Question about Cell Phones

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
If I were to get an Cell Phone that came out 4-5 years ago, put in my sim card in, would I get the same reception as I would if I got it right when it came out?

ya the phone doesn't change, you signal should be the same. When my iPhone breaks every week i put my sim in my slvr an it works like it did 2 years ago

The reason I ask is because the phones I am looking at are when it was made for Cingular (now unlocked), and now AT&T took over. The phone I have now is by Cingular, and I am still with AT&T with no contract. Out of the 4 phones (2 Cingular, 2 AT&T) in my family, my mom and mines (Both are Cingular) are the one that gets the worst reception, and is the last to get the time updated when we go into a different time zone.

thats how my moms is, hers lags behind mine, but with my other phones i have not had a problme. That may be at&t trying to make cingular people buy all new phones, but idk

Yeah, but isnt Cingular the one who killed and brought back AT&T?
Im looking at 2 phones right now.
LG CU500 - $79.99
Motorola L7 SLVR - $79.99
They both came out 3+ years ago, back before it was AT&T. Which one do you guys think will be better? The SLVR got better reviews overall, but the CU500 is more up to date than the SLVR.
Unless you guys know a better phone for less than $100, feel free to post

Yes you should see no diffrence.
A lot of the phone's that come out now, are poorer for reception because of all the gismo's and gadgets that are on them.

No I Think Newer phones have better reception that older phones.My first phone was a 3210 and now i have a Nokia E61 and i have been with the same carrier (Telstra) and my reception has all but imrpoved (And no - no new towers have been put up iin our area).

Also i'd go with the LG Because it has support for 3G so you will still be able to use it when GSM is eventually cut off.

i would suggest the motorolla slvr. I have one that i no longer use and i still love it, the first phone i think that had itunes directly on it. It can only hold 100 songs no matter how big the memory but its a cool phone

So Cingular branded phones vs AT&T branded phones should be no different? I they are the same company, but they might have tweaked it a bit.

So I guess its still a tie between the Moto and LG.

Back
Top Bottom