Alcohol

I don't get the usual hangovers with headaches, etc (I'm 21), but what I do get are dizzy spells, caused by loss of salts.

Your meant to drink water after alcohol, to balance it, but I've done that, and I can find it hard to keep a good straight balance when walking after drinking some water (2 or more glasses), even though, on the night I was out drinking, I could walk perfectly fine.
So, after a few glasses of water in the morning when I get up, I can feel somethings weird.

If I eat something with some salt in it though, I'm fine.

I do get a hang over though, but its completly different to what other people may experience. If anything, it feels like I'm still drunk, but not in a good way, but I'm not.

Since I think I suffer from Anxiety, thats worsened by Caffine, I probably shouldn't really drink anyway... But when I'm out and surrounded with people, alcohol really does help me get to know people, and relax, which in other ways, I wouldn't.

Sober, I can come across quite shifty/strange, to people that don't know me.

I've had those dizzy spells last a few days as well, but I really don't really go to town much, and so don't drink that often.

The next time I'll drink will be in 2 weeks at a party, but I won't be having loads there.

That's pretty much why I drink on occasion. I'm very shy (although never pressured in to drinking) and sometimes I find it easier to be comfortable around people if I have a pint. It's sad, really, but it tends to negate a confidence barrier that I can only occasionally get past, which means I often get a lot out of conversations after one or two pints of Guinness.

I drink maybe once per month, though, so it's hardly anything really. Just one of those things. I know some people who will go out and get drunk every week and I cannot for the life of me figure out why they do it or what they see in it. I have been drunk a couple of times, yes, once without feeling anything the day after and the other time paying for it by pretty much losing a day to feeling horrible. Maybe some people don't get that?

Fair enough. That makes sense.
I don't have a problem with it unless people get retarded with it. That's when things get stupid.

I drink beer because I like the taste of a fine beer. And getting a little buzzed is fun (I don't get drunk that often), mostly I just have a couple. I'm 28 years old so I been there and done that, believe me. The usual riff raff that goes on with getting drunk all the time gets old fast. I grew up, now I only have 2-3 beers when I feel like it and that's it. Hardly ever drink liquor.

I haven't read this thread besides the OP...but I'll post anyway.

When you're that drunk it's not fun. It's never fun to be the one at the party who's so messed up everybody has to take care of them. And then people get mad at you for it.
As long as I don't feel like throwing up or passing out I think that drunk feeling is so nice. Especially after when you're going to sleep and the room is kinda spinning and you're like ah my bed is so cozy...I love that!
But I think at least most people do it just to let loose a little. Drinking games are so much fun too. And it's so much easier to get ass when everyone's drunk :p

i drink with friends cuz its fun thats about it
by your self is kinda weird...

Getting drunk has its moments of being really awesome. A lot of good stories resulted from drinking and I don't regret those times one bit. I learned from them and I have progressed. Now..I guess I can say I do still drink often but I rarely get drunk or anything passed a buzz. Suddenly going to bars is not really appealing anymore. When I am single I go way more often but when I'm not looking to meet a girl I tend to be less social and therefore drink less.

Any Saturday night that you can remember is a Saturday night pointlessly spent.

I said taste because you don't have to drink like vodka by itself. It can taste really good when you mix it with other things.

Back
Top Bottom