New build, will these parts work?

I would advise you to consider an AMD build. You'd probably get a lot more bang for your buck. If anything, that CPU is going to be your biggest bottleneck. Let me throw something similar to what I just ordered for a friend together for you.

How is the GTX 250 a bottleneck? It's a good performing card from the reviews I've read. Faster than a 9800GTX+ in most cases.

From what I understand, a "bottleneck" is the part of the system that slows the faster components down. So you're saying the rest of his proposed system would bottleneck the GTS 250?

How about if he swapped out the Intel Pentium dual core CPU and motherboard for this combo: AMD Athlon X2 7850 Black Edition Kuma - Foxconn A78AX-S AMD 770 ATX Motherboard. It's a dollar cheaper and should perform much better.

Yup. That's my definition of bottleneck.

And those are also the components I was going to recommend :D

How is the GTX 250 a bottleneck? It's a good performing card from the reviews I've read. Faster than a 9800GTX+ in most cases.
I don't understand how it can be faster. It is a rebranded 9800GTX+ ??!!

If I were you OP, I'd go with the combo deal Atomic Rooster recommended. The 7750 is comparable to the E5300, so the 7850 should be a little faster.

And that PSU is way overkill for a build like this. I would go with a higher quality, but cheaper unit such as the OCZ StealthXStream 500W. Wattage is not everything.

I'd also go with the HD 4850, it's a similarly performing but cheaper card. With the money you save, you can go with 2x2GB of RAM.

Back
Top Bottom