Windows 7!

I've been told W7 only works on 64-bit, but haven't had a chance to check out the specs.

Is this true?

Cool, I'll have to check it out.

Do!!! I have the original beta running on my mom's computer and it's great. It's not even a great build. A Foxconn m-ATX motherboard, AMD 2.1 GHz dual core, 2 GB RAM, 2 year old HP hard drive, and XFX 8400GS and this OS is fast and stable on it. :D :D

Compared to vista, that's amazing.

i play with it from time to time. It's a little slower than vista but I guess that's to be expected when upgrading an os.

i play with it from time to time. It's a little slower than vista but I guess that's to be expected when upgrading an os.

Slower than vista?? Are you reading your numbers right? Lol.

Windows 7 is way faster than vista. Look at my above post.

Slower than vista?? Are you reading your numbers right? Lol.

Windows 7 is way faster than vista. Look at my above post.

for me it seems slower than vista. I have a dualboot with vista on my laptop and when windows 7 loads programs there is about a 3ish second gap where the computer appears to do nothing then starts to load the program. I don't really know how else to explain it.

The windows experience score in win 7 is higher than vista though.

I've been told W7 only works on 64-bit, but haven't had a chance to check out the specs.

Is this true?

False. Even I know two people who are able to run Windows 7 on their 32-bit systems.

They do have a 32-bit version of Windows 7 too.

Here are the requirements:

A PC with these system requirements:

* 1 GHz or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor

* 1 GB RAM (32-bit) / 2 GB RAM (64-bit)

* 16 GB available disk space (32-bit) / 20 GB (64-bit)

* DirectX 9 graphics processor with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver

Back
Top Bottom