Benchmark Contest

worshipme

Golden Master
Since I have a cheaply acquired HD 4870 X2 sitting here next to me, I thought it would be fun to challenge Techmaster to a little head to head benchmarking contest.

Benchmarks:

We're struggling a little here. Remember, these have to be standardized benches, such as the Crysis benchmark tool as two people will be running the tests. We're taking suggestions here but bear in mind that TM only has Crysis, Warhead and DiRT.

Systems:

WorshipMe:
Xeon E3110 + TRUE.
ASUS P5K
Corsair 4x1GB DDR2 800
HD 4870 X2 and an HD 4850 for tri-fire if I need backup :D
Tagan 600W

Techmaster:
Q6700 + Xig. Dark Knight
EVGA 790i Ultra
2x2GB DDR3 1600
GTX 295
Corsair TX850

Resolutions:

I can do 1680x1050, 1600x1200, 1920x1200 and 1920x1600. I'm sure TM can run all those resolutions too. I don't really think 1280x1024 is relevant when comparing such monstrous cards, but if anyone's interested, we can do that too.

All pics of scores must be posted with CPU-Z and GPU-Z windows open.

This thread will be updated with our OCs.

Re: David (Me) vs Goliath (Techmaster) As we all know, David wins :p

well i guess im going to look bad in the monitor area because i only have a 19 inch @ 1440x900. I will get a new screen though, im just waiting for more 120hz monitors to come out and for 3D to pick up :)

Ill get the cpu-z and gpu-z pics up

WOW a GTX 295 running 1440 x 900... Time to step it up TM

lol im waiting for the 120hz monitors to go down in price lol

price should not be an issue when your running a card of that stature. If it was me I woulda got the monitor WAY before the card. But thats just me.

Either Way I guess you can always run the other resolutions on a TV but only up to 1080p

ya but spending $300-$400 on a 22" monitor is a bit to much for me, plus im investing over 1k into my car audio setup so ya all my money is going into that atm.

Here are the specs ill be running the benches at, however i might increase the cpu core speed later tonight cause the benching will begin tomorrow as me and worship agreed.

Specs.png

If anybody knows of any good game bench tools we can download and run, please be sure to let us know.

TM, that monitor of yours is going to be a bit of a problem as we won't be able to bench at higher than 1440x960. Do you have a higher res screen you can hook your system up to? Like a 1080P TV?

Anyway, just probing:

probeq.jpg

And I think you need FC2 for the benchmark to run. Perhaps if there's a demo, that would work.

na man their is nothing else i can hook up :(

lol wish i could go up to 4.2 :(

though i still think my cpu will take the win, but we shall see what happens

I told myself I'd hit 4.3 then call it a night. I still have a lot further to go with the CPU and I haven't even started on the X2.

probe.jpg

i think my 295 is reaching its peak because its gets pretty hot. ill try 3.750 tonight, if i can get it to 4.0, that would be awesome but i dont know, me and grant are working on it

Back
Top Bottom