Case problem.

OOOHHHHH. I thought you were trying to get the main side off (for access to the motherboard). My bad, I misunderstood your post.

Try prying it off by sticking a butter knife or a screwdriver between the side of the front panel and the front of the side panel. See the diagram below:
acousticase340doublesid.jpg

You want to pry along the bold red line.

I've already been able to slide off the first side panel by removing the thumb screws, and I've been able to remove the hexagonal screws on the other side but it's just not coming off. I've gently tried prying with bowie knife a little to see if it'll come loose but nothing's working. :(

Hehe.

Try taking everything out of the case and looking behind the mobo tray as best as you can and see if any of the clips holding it in are bent or anything. also try putting some pressure in the middle of the panel from the inside of the case and try sliding it after that. if all else fails dremel a hole in the case were the screws go for the CD drive.... :D obviously a last resort but if you really need it up and running by the time and cant get it ya gotta do what ya gotta do..:D

When I run across a stiff panel (I know you probably tried this) I slip a screwdriver under the lip at the back of the case and twist. sometimes I find working the top, then the bottom gets it to pop loose.

Also, I suggest you put your knife away, ya don't want to break the tip off or have it slip.

Well, I pried a little bit more with my bowie knife and the thing finally came off. I thought I damaged the case though when I heard a snap. I think I just broke a piece metal that was holding the panel on. I think this is the worse case f case construct I've ever seen. (No pun intended).

Back
Top Bottom