Case problem.

Fully Optimized
So I just got this barebone kit for my little sister in the mail today and normally, you take off the side of the case that the motherboard is on so that you can reach your DVD and Hard drives to screw in. It's supposed come off I know, but it just...doesn't. I need it up and running by tomorrow.

could you provide a link to the barebone kit so I can take a look at the case please?

What kind of case is it? I don't know if you've tried this or not, yet, but some cases require you to take the front panel off and slide the cover off as a whole.

That looks like a regular case. The side should just slide off once you've removed the thumbscrews. You may need to lie the case on its side and press down on the panel as you slide it. Some cheaper cases are not of the highest quality and side panels are often misshapen during the manufacturing process.

I don't know though.... If you look at the picture of the rear of the case, theres rivets... so maybe you cant... try the bottom of the case.

ASUS M2N68-AM SE2 Barebone

^^^^^

And no, it doesn't come off as a whole seeing as I got off the first side to put the mobo in. Lol.

Oh, shoot. Sorry, I mis-read your first post. However, the second side looks like it is only screwed on with some hexagonal screws. Unscrewing these should allow you to remove the side, though again pressure might be necessary in order for it to come free.

Yeah, looking from the back view, it just looks like you have to remove the thumbscrews and slide it off. Try taking the other side panel off, see if that comes off like it should. Just to make sure you are taking it off correctly.

I've already been able to slide off the first side panel by removing the thumb screws, and I've been able to remove the hexagonal screws on the other side but it's just not coming off. I've very gently tried prying with bowie knife a little to see if it'll come loose but nothing's working. :(

Back
Top Bottom