Just ordered my new parts.

Lol, I can see that from your sig. But I've never used anything other than AMD and since my Gigabyte mobo crapped out, they lost their reliability so I went with ASUS. Not to mention the board looks awesome and it has the best ratings of any board on newegg. :D :D

Meh, motherboards will die no matter which manufacturer you buy them from.

You should overclock it.

Meh, motherboards will die no matter which manufacturer you buy them from.

You should overclock it.

Anything from any manufacturer has the potential to die.

And believe me, I will overclock the highest I can seeing as I now have 2 months of nothing to do. :D ;)

I will. I'm not going to overclock until I have a good heatsink for the job though.

yeah the new quads (both intel and AMD) run really hot. the AMD's are 125w and the I7s are 130w which causes a good amount of heat. My 955 with the stock heatsink and junk paste they had on it idled at 44*c with my xiggy and some MX-2 its at 33* idle Overclocked to 3.7Ghz . With the Arctic cooler 64 Pro it idled around 38* OC'd which was an improvement from stock but still very limiting.

I actually had it sitting at around 35 when I had the volts up a little higher and had it at 3.9 Ghz but it gets too hot here in the day time to feel comfortable with it OC'd that much cuz the temps go way up during the day time.

yeah the new quads (both intel and AMD) run really hot. the AMD's are 125w and the I7s are 130w which causes a good amount of heat. My 955 with the stock heatsink and junk paste they had on it idled at 44*c with my xiggy and some MX-2 its at 33* idle Overclocked to 3.7Ghz . With the Arctic cooler 64 Pro it idled around 38* OC'd which was an improvement from stock but still very limiting.

I actually had it sitting at around 35 when I had the volts up a little higher and had it at 3.9 Ghz but it gets too hot here in the day time to feel comfortable with it OC'd that much cuz the temps go way up during the day time.

Open the side of your case up and put a fan blowing into it. Helped with my Q6600.

I do hope my Antec 900 will help with any heat problem I might have. We live in apartment and stays pretty cool during the day so I hope I'll be fine. :D

Back
Top Bottom