Maximum Safe GPU Vcore for HD 4830

Prodigy146

Fully Optimized
Ok so right now i've got my HD 4830 stable at 770mhz core and 935mhz memory.

My max core was 740mhz, at 745mhz i got tons of errors on OCCT. With ati tools i bumped my gpu vcore from 1.04 to 1.20 and i now i got 770mhz completely stable but i get errors at 780mhz.

So basically my question is, based on your experience or if you know any info, what is the max vcore i can set for my HD 4830?? And if i do trial and error with the vcore (keep setting it higher and testing) could i break my gpu?

Also with my current overclock i get 92C max load, my stock clocks was at 85C max load.

I never knew ATi tools could be used to increase the Vcore. I've been wasting my time BIOS flashing and pencil modding all this time!

I expect you're using the stock cooler. You have a little headroom left in your temps, so I don't see any reason why you can't go higher. 1.2V isn't particularly high for a 55nm core. You will probably hit a wall very soon though, where more volts won't get you any further. At least that's what happened to me.

Yeah got my core to 815mhz with 1.158vcore stable so far, im not gonna test it any farther for awhile. im do some benchmarks and see how much better this OC is than stock clocks

EDIT:

Just so you guys know if your using vista x64, you need to disable driver signing to install ati tray tools. Download and install ReadyDriver Plus to do this

Back
Top Bottom