To Help Newer members...

I skim over the rules every once in a while to refresh my memory on them.

IMO,

• (A) Overall flaming or condemnation of posters will not be tolerated. There is no reason to voice derogatory statements about someone because you may simply disagree with their opinions. (B) Or voice derogatory statements about any hardware / software because you may simply disagree with their opinions.

needs to be enforced a hell of a lot more than it generally is. A mod needs to step in at the start of a flame war and end it then, not wait to see if it will calm itself down. Like make a post in a thread warning members if they flame one more time, its thread locked and potentially the member who flamed gets punished. I've also noticed mods in the past starting a flame war themselves, and / or adding to the fire. No, I'm not talking about Brookfield, I mean the current moderators.

Example of what I want to see more of: What Thelis said in the "Adderall" thread.
If there is one more word speaking against Atomic, I am closing this thread.
People appeared to listen to him too.

needs to be enforced a hell of a lot more than it generally is. A mod needs to step in at the start of a flame war and end it then, not wait to see if it will calm itself down.

That's a dual edged sword though. We used to crack down on that all the time, then people started complaining that we don't allow any kind of discussion. Don't get me wrong, I know what your saying and I agree with it but either way we get hasseled about what we decide to do.

That's a dual edged sword though. We used to crack down on that all the time, then people started complaining that we don't allow any kind of discussion. Don't get me wrong, I know what your saying and I agree with it but either way we get hasseled about what we decide to do.

I would rep. you for this, but I have to spread it.

I think this pretty much nails it. Arguing and flame wars are very gray. It really depends on who's looking at it because everyone has different viewpoints.

^^ Right. In the case of the Adderal thread it was clear cut, but it usually isn't. And in all honesty, half the time it takes so long to get one closed is because we are PM'ing each other to see what another mod thinks so our own personal opinion does not get in the way.

That's a dual edged sword though. We used to crack down on that all the time, then people started complaining that we don't allow any kind of discussion.

I agree. I have closed plenty of threads and edited out plenty of swearing only to get abused for it or have people whining about mods making this place like a sunday school or something. If we edit out all swearing we get complaints...if we relax the rules a bit we get complaints.

I agree. I have closed plenty of threads and edited out plenty of swearing only to get abused for it or have people whining about mods making this place like a sunday school or something. If we edit out all swearing we get complaints...if we relax the rules a bit we get complaints.

The badge of Moderator comes with a price. Just remember there are some of us out here that appreciate what you do!

Those are the ups and downs of rules. You can't please anyone. Why don't we start a new section where flaming is allowed. People can post these "hot topics" at their own risk. You guys can end it if it gets racial or EXTREMELY offensive. I think it's a good idea to let the people get a taste of their own medicine and to let others laugh.

Those are the ups and downs of rules. You can't please anyone. Why don't we start a new section where flaming is allowed. People can post these "hot topics" at their own risk. You guys can end it if it gets racial or EXTREMELY offensive. I think it's a good idea to let the people get a taste of their own medicine and to let others laugh.

Lol that might be fun.. Although it probably wouldn't fly because of the whole allowing 13 year olds rule.

Back
Top Bottom