Driver question

Celticsfan

Banned
In the link provided in this post, I clicked on it and downloaded the the first option listed under drivers. I then uninstalled my current drivers and rebooted my PC. I unzipped the file from the download and it listed a bunch of folders. Some of them were windows XP 64 bit, windows vista 64 bit and another was Windows. My PC's os is XP. The folder/drivers I used as an option was windows. Can someone please verify to me that that is the correct folder/drivers I should of used, please? I would greatly appreciate it.

thx

http://www.dlink.com/products/support.asp?pid=122&sec=0#drivers

Yup, if you used the drivers in the "Windows" folder, your good to go. It would have warned you if you used the wrong ones.

AR,

In that link it states that the latest driver listed is for 10/4/07 but when I check the driver under properties>diagnostic>driver and then look at the date it says 6/5/07. Isn't this wrong? If tried it twice now and it still is grabbing the one from June. What's up with that?

Any idea how to fix this?

The reason I updated to begin with is I constantly get local area connection error upon bootup. All my cables are connected securely. I have to shutdown/ startup this PC multiple times before I don't see the little network PC's with the local area connection error in my system tray. What the **** could be causing this as it is very aggravating to power up/down the PC b4 I can use it.

thx

Yup, that's about right. The drivers for XP in that file are kinda old. But I'm sure they are the "latest" since most companies are paying more attention to the newer Vista OS and most of their XP drivers have been pretty much finalized.

I wonder if there is a setting somewhere to delay the LAN from detecting a connection until after XP is completely loaded.

Yup, that's about right. The drivers for XP in that file are kinda old. But I'm sure they are the "latest" since most companies are paying more attention to the newer Vista OS and most of their XP drivers have been pretty much finalized.

I wonder if there is a setting somewhere to delay the LAN from detecting a connection until after XP is completely loaded.

You might try booting with the Ethernet cable unplugged from the back of the computer, then plug it in when everything is done loading.

Back
Top Bottom