Processor ID: 0x1
Bank Number: 0
Transaction Type: Data
Processor Participation: N/A
Request Type: Data Read
Memory/Io: N/A
Memory Hierarchy Level: Level 1
Timeout: N/A

This basically means my L1 cache is failing.

But this type of error has been happening ever since i had this processor but i never really looked into it because i was overclocking so i just thought i set my voltages wrong. But for the last 2 weeks its been getting alot worse, i get random restarts twice a day. I'm back at stock settings and its now alot worse, over 5 times a day i get random restarts with the same whea error.
It seems like the high vcore is what kept my l1 data set stable in the first place.

So guys do you think if i emailed AMD they could send me a replacement? I mean this is my first build and already my processor has failed :(

Yeah, it is under warranty just don't tell them you have overclocked. This is the first time ever I have heard of an L1 cache fail, I have also in my life never seen a failed processor (besides bent pins), it's something thats rare now.

Heres what they responded with:

It is hard to pinpoint the cause of this problem exactly without swapping components to troubleshoot the problem. The error you are getting is probably caused by either the processor, or the motherboard; however without swapping these components there is no easy way of knowing for sure.

If you have access to an independent system, try and swap the processors to see whether the problem follows your original processor. If it does, then it is safe to assume that the processor is at fault.

Alternatively, you can try and run MemTest86 outside of Windows (i.e. boot from the ISO of MemTest86) – this diagnostic utility can check your RAM as well as the caches on the processor; you can also run Prime95 to stress test the processor and its caches within Windows, or if you have an AMD 7 series chipset or newer in your motherboard, you can try and run the AMD OverDrive diagnostic utility which is a bit more thorough than the Prime95 utility.

However – I still would recommend swapping components as it would be the most straight forward test one can do.

If you have any questions, please reply back to this email or contact us at 408-749-3060

The WHEA error is processor based i dont get how it could be anything else. They obviously dont want to give me a replacement

It's not that they don't want to replace the CPU for you, they want you to eliminate any other possible problem. You should at least run a few diagnostics or test the CPU in another system if available to make sure.

Well i switched processors with my dad. So he has my 7750 and i have his Phenom 9950. ill run some of the applications that made my kuma restart, do some diagnostics

EDIT:
Ok so they sent me a email back, there going to accept an RMA and give me a replacement. Apparently a batch of 7750 processors are showing up with the same errors. So last night i mailed my kuma 7750 off w/next day air shipping to there office at cleveland, ohio

Kinda cool, maybe i might get a better overclockable kuma ;)

Back
Top Bottom