Misconceptions regarding Apple and Mac OS

Thats it.
I toatly aggre with iLL
Mac Users think they are the best but they are not.
Mac is OLD.
Windows Is New

Hua!
Windows 1.0 anyone? 2.0?

I believe I am a rather computer savvy person.
I do not personally like Mac. My preference is Windows. I dabble in Linux.

I do believe that maybe not anyone on this forum of course, but most Mac users do believe in Mac being better than Windows. I think this is probably due to the Famous Mac vs Windows Commercials, at the same time Vista.

The General pop want everything the fastest easiest way. And right now that way seems to be Mac.

I would agree that the general assumption would be:
Mac -> Windows -> Linux
Computer user Intel -> ->

Edit: Not saying that I personally believe that assumption.

yeah, i attempted that as well.

but the maximum virtual memory is 64mb on parallels. or something really low like that.

summed up, i couldt even play rollercoaster tycoon 2 on the lowest settings.

not even the original age of empires worked :p

That's different. You're not supposed to game using a program like that. Boot Camp allows you to take full advantage of your computer as if it ran Microsoft Windows as the primary operating system.

this isn't a poll

we are discussing why we would want a Mac

We're discussing -

Misconceptions regarding Apple and Mac OS

I could personally care less if you want a Mac or not. I just don't want myths to become facts.

That's different. You're not supposed to game using a program like that. Boot Camp allows you to take full advantage of your computer as if it ran Microsoft Windows as the primary operating system.

yeah, sorry. i was just saying that without putting on boot camp, it's hard to fulfill other needs such as gaming.

oh hell yeah, i love boot camp. best thing i ever did with the computer, i can play all sorts of games and even crysis on mid quality at 1920x1200.
in fact im on my mac in winxp right now..

in the end, its all up to personal preference.

I've tried coming up with 10 things of what Macs advantages are, and what PC advantages are. But I cant really think of much. When I talk to people, they ask me which one is better. Then I become a noob, and dont help much. The only time I ever used a Mac was back in HS, and they limited the students accounts.
This is what I got.

Macs -
#1 - Plug and Play (out of a single box)
#2 - Nice looking/design
#3 - Able to run Windows and Mac OS

PC -
#1 - Variety of games
#2 - Easily Upgradable
#3 - For People that is truly budgeted (opinion, yes, but I give this to PC)
#4 - Variety of Programs/Software

I didnt give video and picture making to Macs because IIRC, someone said there are a couple of software for the PC that is better, but it cost quite a lot of money. I tried searching online, but it seems most were biased. I was thinking of making an Con List too, but dont know where to start. Maybe start one too?

If you are going to help me add to my list, please dont be Biased/Fanboy. Give me an advantage, then the reason/proof to back it up.

Sorry if this is kind of stealing the thread, if it is, then tell me, and I will start my own.

Back
Top Bottom