Which would you choose?

hlavery

Beta member
Hi, I'm new here and I have a question for ya'll.

I am looking to buy a 10' netbook. I've narrowed it down to 2 choices. The Asus 1000HE and the Acer Aspire One 10'. Is the Asus 1000HE worth the extra money.

Thanks for your help!!

by the way:
I only need the computer for Microsoft office, basic html and javascirpt writing, internet browsing, and online videos.

thanks!

Either will do. I had the Acer netbook. It was pretty nice. Just go with whatever is cheaper.

One thing to keep in mind is that netbooks don't have DVD drives so you're going to have download a copy of microsoft office and use a valid CD key for that edition.

One thing to keep in mind is that netbooks don't have DVD drives so you're going to have download a copy of microsoft office and use a valid CD key for that edition.

Not True.

I bought my boss a Netbook and the way I installed Office 2007 on it was I network shared a DVD drive from a different computer and put the disc in that computer. Then I just used the netbook to hit the network, find the shared DVD Drive and install from there.

It was super easy.

By the way this is the netbook I bought for him

http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/PID-MX24416(ME).aspx

It comes with the Atom N280 Processor (most come with the Atom N270) I also upgraded it to 2gigs of Memory for him. Runs like a charm.

I noticed the price went back up to $529.00 That seems a bit steep for a small computer but at the time when I bought it I got it on sale for $409.00

I don't know what you mean by a "shared" DVD drive but you could use an external DVD Burner.

I don't know what you mean by a "shared" DVD drive but you could use an external DVD Burner.

I went to another computer on the network. Opened up "My Computer" right clicked the DVD drive and set it to share on the network.

I made sure the workgroup name on that computer and the Netbook were the same.

Then I plugged the netbook in to the network and went in to "Network connections" Then "My Network Places" then "View Workgroup Computers"

Found the name of the computer with the shared DVD drive, double clicked it and in there it shows the shared DVD Drive.

Doubled clicked that and then doubled clicked the Setup file on the DVD.

Installed perfectly

I went to another computer on the network. Opened up "My Computer" right clicked the DVD drive and set it to share on the network.

I made sure the workgroup name on that computer and the Netbook were the same.

Then I plugged the netbook in to the network and went in to "Network connections" Then "My Network Places" then "View Workgroup Computers"

Found the name of the computer with the shared DVD drive, double clicked it and in there it shows the shared DVD Drive.

Doubled clicked that and then doubled clicked the Setup file on the DVD.

Installed perfectly

Very cool. I've never done that.

Hi, I'm new here and I have a question for ya'll.

I am looking to buy a 10' netbook. I've narrowed it down to 2 choices. The Asus 1000HE and the Acer Aspire One 10'. Is the Asus 1000HE worth the extra money.

Thanks for your help!!

by the way:
I only need the computer for Microsoft office, basic html and javascirpt writing, internet browsing, and online videos.

thanks!

I am typing this on my 1000HE. I LOVE this thing! I do tons of things on it. Photoshop, email, Code, and even games. Just of course flash games.

I got it and threw a 2 GB ram in it. It's nice and speedy. It's small. It's sleek. I would so go with the 1000HE.
Lol.. Oh wait. I DID xD

Back
Top Bottom