why is crysis lagging

Yeah and also crysis only has a limited amount of installations so I would be careful uninstalling and reinstalling the game because you are only allowed 5 installations I believe.

If it only happens when their are lots of people around when it happens and that is the only time it lags it could be a hardware limitation. have you been playing the game for long fine and it just started happening or did you just get it and found out that it does this?

with my PC i never had any issues? its stays at a constant 25fps usually 90% of the time.

but i'd say it was probably your card not being upto date.
and also, your GPU isnt OC'd is it?

the only time i had a problem with crysis is when i was trying to play it at my friends house on his 1080p tv(1920x1080 res) and i tryed maxing it but even my 295 couldnt handle warhead at 16x AA so i had to turn it down to 4x AA for better FPS which was a lot better, all other settings where on max though.

I can run Crysis pretty much on highest settings at 1440x900, but with no shadows. Shadows and shaders are what kills speed, at least for me anyway.

I may be able to run it well on those settings, but I still run it with a few at medium. I like playing at 40 or so constant FPS, not 20 with jumps to 40.

EDIT - I was told that at your monitors native resolution, you don't need AA. I don't notice a difference between 16x and off.

He saying he gets lag at the lowest resolution and settings, which is not normal. OP, do what Rohan recommends and follow these instructions;

- Uninstall the drivers through Control Panel/Add-remove programs -> Reboot into safe mode and run driver sweeper -> Reboot and install the latest non-BETA drivers.

And were you running an ATi card before the 9800GT?

I could play the game on my 2.6 GHz dual core, 4 GB RAM, and 8800GT on high settings and 4X AA with ~30 FPS. I don't know why all of you guys with monster systems are lagging so bad. Especially you Techmaster. You are epic. :D :D

is there evena differnce between 16x AA and 4xAA to the eye? i dont see a difference.

their really isnt man, if you like seriously, and i do mean seriously focus really hard on something straight, u will notice very little but otherwise no, sometimes just makes me think wat the point of having AA on is in crysis. AA is really rough on the card in that game and the difference is not that noticeable.

I could play the game on my 2.6 GHz dual core, 4 GB RAM, and 8800GT on high settings and 4X AA with ~30 FPS. I don't know why all of you guys with monster systems are lagging so bad. Especially you Techmaster. You are epic. :D :D

lol dude you would not believe how disapointed i was, here the best card on the market cant even completley max out crysis at a 1080p resolution. Was extremely disapointed

ilike to think my 4850 xfx does good :)

i run all on max, shadows an all, just now AA ofcourse, and its usually smooth as silk :)

Back
Top Bottom