Misconceptions regarding Apple and Mac OS

Yeah, let's do another fair comparison.

Dell Adamo

- 1.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor with Centrino technology
- Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium Service Pack 1 64-Bit
- 2GB 800MHz DDR3 dual-channel memory3
- 128GB3 solid state drive
$1,999.00

http://www.dell.com/content/topics/...topics/en/us/adamo-onyx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19

Apple MacBook

- Intel Core 2 Duo at 2.0GHz
- 2GB DDR3 Memory
- 160GB hard drive1
- NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics
- Standard keyboard
- Aluminum unibody
$1,299.00

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_mac/family/macbook

Man, look at that, a $700 difference between two comparable notebooks. Dell really inflated the price there, huh? Makes Apple seem like a budget manufacturer, doesn't it?

:rolleyes:

Uh dude the dell adamo is configured for a 128GB solid state drive, of course it will be more expensive.

Wtf what are you trying to do? No one wants a mac

Uh dude the dell adamo is configured for a 128GB solid state drive, of course it will be more expensive.

Wtf what are you trying to do? No one wants a mac

The point I was trying to make was the fact that those are two different notebooks aimed at two completely different markets.

Huh. Lookie there. That Mac is still more expensive than this MSI with much better features: MSI GT627-216US

I'm not going to pull more comparison ratings between the two. Like I mentioned earlier, Macs will usually have a higher price than comparable computers. I'm not doubting that, and I'm not sure what you're trying to prove.

I'm just pointing out that you can get a better performing laptop with better features dollar for dollar than you can with a Mac.

I'm just pointing out that you can get a better performing laptop with better features dollar for dollar than you can with a Mac.

That's exactly what I mentioned earlier. However, you're just trying to find drastic examples to make the difference seem larger than it really is. Try comparing the Dell XPS 1330 to the Apple MacBook. While the Dell may be generally cheaper than the Apple, both are aimed at relativity the same audience. It all comes down to what you define as expensive.

See, that's the thing. You may think the price is completely unreasonable, but others may find it perfectly alright for what they offer. Apple does cost more for comparably built computers, but I wouldn't say they're the Bose of the computer world.

Most everyone here can agree to what the definition of expensive is: Mac.

See, that's the thing. You may think the price is completely unreasonable, but others may find it perfectly alright for what they offer. Apple does cost more for comparably built computers, but I wouldn't say they're the Bose of the computer world.

^

So tell me 01001010, what does a MacBook offer that I can't get for much, much less from nearly any other laptop manufacturer?

Back
Top Bottom