Will Linux support this well?

...except ( what, did you not think that word was coming?)...

I found out through all this that I only have 1.7GB left on my desktop hard drive! Oh shit!

Exactly.

Your question about Fedora, and what it has that Ubuntu doesn't. The answer there is that it just has some other features that a user might want, such a root access, a very easy firewall program. But you should be more than happy with ubuntu. This way you won't get too confused with stuff too early on.

Cheers!

Ubuntu has root access (like any other linux kernel system) and it also has an easy to use firewall.

Ubuntu has root access (like any other linux kernel system) and it also has an easy to use firewall.

Ok you are right you caught me on that one. I guess that I should have said that root is easy to access on fedora. I will watch what I am say so that I don't confuse people.

Cheers!

I got the laptop running on linux.
Two problems;
Wireless.
When running it from the CD I was able to get the wireless going after downloading the driver for the card. Now that I installed Linux it will not detect the card.

Cube.
I can get the 4 desks and move between them with Ctrl+Alt+directional arrow key. No cube effect though. I turned on the extra graphical effects but that didn't do it.
The card the D510 comes with is a intel Graphics Media Accelerator 900 which is supposed to be able to handle 3D.

Back
Top Bottom