Crestline graphics for games....

damian5000

Baseband Member
I'm considering updating my d610 to a d630... Main reason being the core duo and SATA interface. My current d610 has a Radeon x300 and I've been pleased with it's gaming performance. I can't run the newest games of course, but it does pretty well with most games 2006 or older.

I guess my question is how will the integrated Intel Crestline graphics be compared to my x300 in the d610. Apparently Crestline is direct x 10 ready... So maybe will have more features, but I'm more concerned with frame rate etc... How will it compare? I could get a Mboard with 256mb Nvidia for the d630, but at a prohibitive cost. Just want to make sure I can play at the level I play now or better with the Crestline.

Thanks,
Damian

Ok...Good... From my interpretation here... It seems on par 3dmark '05 wise with the Radeon x1200 which is a couple levels above the Radeion x300...

So crestline should be a step up??? I believe the x300 in my d610 now is onboard 64mb DDR... Think Crestline is up to 384 shared.....

Maybe I'm interpreting this incorrectly... The x300 is in "Class 4", Crestline x3100 is in "Class 5"

Ok...looking again.. Crestline scores 794... x300 is scoring 996...

Damn..Wanted to do this upgrade badly, but not at the cost of losing gaming power...

We are discussing a laptop correct? if so, I was under the impression that you couldn't "upgrade" parts like that.

We are discussing a laptop correct? if so, I was under the impression that you couldn't "upgrade" parts like that.

Yes, are discussing a laptop. I would have to replace the whole motherboard... They have the d630 motherboard with Nvidia 256mb DDR on ebay for about $120-150. My wording was maybe a little off in the last post.

I could... There are d630's with Nvidia 256 DDR, just is more money. I'm a bit of a tightwad...Actually pressing "Pay now" is the hard part for me... If it's something I really want, I usually don't have buyer's remorse... I see one on ebay now for $485 shipped with the Nvidia. Am considering it. There's one without ending now..Bid is at $345. Long story short, I'm cheap...haha...

Back
Top Bottom