Car woofer

ROLF do you know anything about a sub? have you ever had one blow on you? im speaking from experience... lol

Ive never had one of my own blow on me -- I'm smarter then that. So I obviously know a bit more then you already.

But i helped a friend blow his (yes, a sealed box) and you bet your ass we smelt it.

You probably didnt power yours to death, probably clipped the shit out of it. Those I can see why you wouldnt smell it in a sealed box.

ehh just pushing to much watts to it... it was sealed so i dident smell anything at all... ported i have smelled something... on the ported sub i was running 3000watts rms to 2 12's even though they were 1000watts rms each lol so =\

Just cause its a "3k rms" amp doesnt mean your pushing 3k.

Do you realize what it takes in a car to run 1k? Properly? Much less 3k? There is no chance in hell you were, I want pictures of 0awg runs and aftermarket 200+ amp alt and dry cell battery. Brand of amp? Subs? No one smart runs 3krms sealed. Because at that stage your quality of sealed is nothing and the objective is loudness. There is nothing quality about 3krms.

I'd have to agree with you ArrizX, pushing 3000 RMS watts requires more than the average (or sane) person can muster to do. That much power is insane, to draw that off of 12V you'd need cable over half inch diamater using copper.

Theirs three ways of easily dammaging speakers

-Breaking baskets, rare nowadays.

-Melting voice coils from overheating and overcurrent, most common.

-Dammage caused by voice coils smacking the magnet, due to the fact most commercial audio equipment is made for loudness over quality, its also hard to do. I did this in speakers I built.

Ive never had one of my own blow on me -- I'm smarter then that. So I obviously know a bit more then you already.

But i helped a friend blow his (yes, a sealed box) and you bet your ass we smelt it.

You probably didnt power yours to death, probably clipped the shit out of it. Those I can see why you wouldnt smell it in a sealed box.

Just cause its a "3k rms" amp doesnt mean your pushing 3k.

Do you realize what it takes in a car to run 1k? Properly? Much less 3k? There is no chance in hell you were, I want pictures of 0awg runs and aftermarket 200+ amp alt and dry cell battery. Brand of amp? Subs? No one smart runs 3krms sealed. Because at that stage your quality of sealed is nothing and the objective is loudness. There is nothing quality about 3krms.

rofl you want to see the pics of my 0gauge wire? okay, ill be more than happy to take pics of the high output alternator, the big 3 upgrade, the optima yellow top battery, and i was running 2 hifonics 1608D's which push 1500watts rms @ 1 ohm (even though they say 1600 there overrated a lil) subs were pioneer premier ts-w3001d2's one amp to each woofer... i also had a amp for my highs... a kicker 400.4 and pioneer 4-way 6x9's and 6 1/2's... i had a volt meter installed and it wouldent drop past 12volts when i was bumping it... lol you think im making this up i bet lmao everyone in my town wanted my system because they said they always heard it louder than theres and saw my roof flexing... i had roof flex, trunk flexed about a inch in and out, the windsheild would move, windshield wipers, doors were flexing in and out, windows, fenders, bumper, and if you read right you would read when i said when i was running 3k watts i was ported... aka NOT SEALED

well some songs hit really low (ex. Put on - young jeezy) and i dont want those really low frequencys to blow my sub

Subs are designed for low frequencies, its the mid/high ones they can't which is what the cross over is for - it blocks anything say > 100hz. You sub should be able to handle frequencies so low you can literally watch in moving in and out!

Subs are designed for low frequencies, its the mid/high ones they can't which is what the cross over is for - it blocks anything say > 100hz. You sub should be able to handle frequencies so low you can literally watch in moving in and out!

x2 but that's why i was asking what ohm he had it at so i can see how much watts he was pushing to it... if he has it at 4 ohms o man he can turn that thing up and hear it slammm but it might start popping if you have to much watts at to low of a frequency

I don't understand the point you're trying to get across. You know that you're more likely to damage a speaker by "under powering it" (using that term loosely) than over powering it.

rofl you want to see the pics of my 0gauge wire? okay, ill be more than happy to take pics of the high output alternator, the big 3 upgrade, the optima yellow top battery, and i was running 2 hifonics 1608D's which push 1500watts rms @ 1 ohm (even though they say 1600 there overrated a lil) subs were pioneer premier ts-w3001d2's one amp to each woofer... i also had a amp for my highs... a kicker 400.4 and pioneer 4-way 6x9's and 6 1/2's... i had a volt meter installed and it wouldent drop past 12volts when i was bumping it... lol you think im making this up i bet lmao everyone in my town wanted my system because they said they always heard it louder than theres and saw my roof flexing... i had roof flex, trunk flexed about a inch in and out, the windsheild would move, windshield wipers, doors were flexing in and out, windows, fenders, bumper, and if you read right you would read when i said when i was running 3k watts i was ported... aka NOT SEALED

AHAHAHAHAHA!!

Hifonics and Pioneer.

Good job dude! LMAO!!

I don't understand the point you're trying to get across. You know that you're more likely to damage a speaker by "under powering it" (using that term loosely) than over powering it.

umm, no such thing as under powering a sub... sorry... unless you turn ure amp up all the way and clip it then thats the only way...
at 3 volume ure pushing like 50 watts to ure 500 watt speaker or like at 10 and u leave it there listening to it... so its going to blow? =\ sorry but no

AHAHAHAHAHA!!

Hifonics and Pioneer.

Good job dude! LMAO!!

have you even ever ran more watts than 1k? if not plz just stop because your just making yourself sound stupid... and just because someone doesnt have enough money to go top brands doesnt mean that i went the worst brands... hifonics is really good and puts out about the watts it claims... i had one bxi1600 pushing 4 12's ( 2000 watts rms combined with the 4) and it pushed them all pretty good... and pioneer isent that bad of a company, who do you think set the SPL record?

umm, no such thing as under powering a sub... sorry... unless you turn ure amp up all the way and clip it then thats the only way...
at 3 volume ure pushing like 50 watts to ure 500 watt speaker or like at 10 and u leave it there listening to it... so its going to blow? =\ sorry but no

Read my post again.

have you even ever ran more watts than 1k? if not plz just stop because your just making yourself sound stupid... and just because someone doesnt have enough money to go top brands doesnt mean that i went the worst brands... hifonics is really good and puts out about the watts it claims... i had one bxi1600 pushing 4 12's ( 2000 watts rms combined with the 4) and it pushed them all pretty good.
You know some professional amplifiers don't even run that high, so I highly doubt you were pushing out 2000 watts with a midrange car amplifier.

.. and pioneer isent that bad of a company, who do you think set the SPL record?
Who cares about SPL when it sounds like it came from a horse's ass?

Back
Top Bottom