Corsair XMS3

Grantofhell

Fully Optimized
Ok, so as some of you know, I've been helping TechMaster05 get stuff together on his system and I've done alot of research on his RAM and alot of sources say that it is Nvidia Certified EPP 2.0 Ready. But, even on his 790i Ultra with the P06, it doesn't detect the EPP 2.0 extended SPD. Which in turn means much slower timings. I know the generic low-down on timings and how to get them really tight - but EPP 2.0 helps alot.
-link-
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145200
~Grantofhell.

EDIT: I forgot to put the actual question:
Does anyone have the 411 on this RAM and whether it really /is/ EPP 2.0 capable or not?

well, he's certainly overclocking - I just needed to know if it had EPP. Thanks, Rohan.

EPP is just a profile, you can set the timings manually if you really are overclocking.

TBH, I really don't see the point in running the RAM faster than the FSB, as the CPU has to communicate with the RAM through the FSB, and therefore bandwidth is very limited. I would just try to lower the timings if I were you.

no way im going to go into 10's, the ram is said to be run at 9's, so im just going to run at stock settings for now

:confused: That would be loosening the timings, increasing latencies and reducing performance.

This is why I believe that DDR3 has no place in an Intel FSB based platform.

Back
Top Bottom