New AMD Budget Build

That CPU will last you a long time. You shouldn't see any hit on multitasking performance. The nice thing is, if he needs a little more "oomph" down the road, it's easily overclockable to 3.0GHz with a simple mulitplier increase.

Goofball. :D

You should have said that in the first place instead of "Don't buy that crappy CPU."

whatever AR.... i see this is your thread now -.-

That CPU will last you a long time. You shouldn't see any hit on multitasking performance. The nice thing is, if he needs a little more "oomph" down the road, it's easily overclockable to 3.0GHz with a simple mulitplier increase.

Ahh..Well that's all I needed then. I'll go with that and save him $30. Sorry to ndatoxicity...but like AR said, I would have understood you if you would've explained more fully to begin with. Thanks guys!

First of all if your going to have this system for 4 years why would you get a 740G?? Get this instead (Dont listen to that review, hes an ass. the onboard video is real nice). The 740G only has a 1000mhz max HT link which you may not think so, will limit your performance greatly.

Dont even think of getting that 9600 zac, its not a true quad, that series was a HUGE letdown, the kuma 7750 matches the 9600 in almost all benchmarks, when it comes to multi tasking the 9600 doesnt pull much ahead because of the extremely low clocks and extremely low L3 cache for 4 cores. Also you have to think the Kuma 7750 can hit 3000mhz with just a simple multiplyer change, no need to mess with vcore or watch your temps (considering you do have good case cooling)

Go with the Kuma 7750, the phenom 9600 will be a huge disappointment

First of all if your going to have this system for 4 years why would you get a 740G?? Get this instead (Dont listen to that review, hes an ass. the onboard video is real nice). The 740G only has a 1000mhz max HT link which you may not think so, will limit your performance greatly.

Dont even think of getting that 9600 zac, its not a true quad, that series was a HUGE letdown, the kuma 7750 matches the 9600 in almost all benchmarks, when it comes to multi tasking the 9600 doesnt pull much ahead because of the extremely low clocks and extremely low L3 cache for 4 cores. Also you have to think the Kuma 7750 can hit 3000mhz with just a simple multiplyer change, no need to mess with vcore or watch your temps (considering you do have good case cooling)

Go with the Kuma 7750, the phenom 9600 will be a huge disappointment

In a non-gay way, I love you guys on CF. Seriously. I get a full-explanation for everything when needed. I'm not an AMD guy at all (because Intel was "in" when I build my first few computers) but am very open to using them..hence this build. I would get the 780G (it's actually what I originally planned for) but I think my friend will be happier to save the extra $$...plus, I don't think he'll be OCing as we aren't getting an aftermarket cooler. If you REALLY think the 780G will be boatloads better than the 740G, let me know...but remember...no gaming or anything...it's just office-style tasks. Thanks Prod :)

Ok well im gonna check up some differences between 1000mhz HT and the 780G's 1800mhz HT link.. And ill see if i find some better deals on egg man

but to give you an idea its basically like intels 800mhz FSB vs 1333mhz FSB though

The 780G is a nice chipset, it just really isn't needed in this case and will cost you $30 more.

With the 7750, if you do OC it a bit using the multiplier, you won't need an aftermarket cooler as you really wont see much, if any, increase in temperature.

In a non-gay way, I love you guys on CF. Seriously. I get a full-explanation for everything when needed. I'm not an AMD guy at all (because Intel was "in" when I build my first few computers) but am very open to using them..hence this build. I would get the 780G (it's actually what I originally planned for) but I think my friend will be happier to save the extra $$...plus, I don't think he'll be OCing as we aren't getting an aftermarket cooler. If you REALLY think the 780G will be boatloads better than the 740G, let me know...but remember...no gaming or anything...it's just office-style tasks. Thanks Prod :)

heres the best part about the dual core kuma.... if you just change the multiplyer, you dont need an aftermarket cooler!

(kudos to prodigy on that tidbit of info there)

but to give you an idea its basically like intels 800mhz FSB vs 1333mhz FSB though

Ahhh. yeah...see that's the main thing I haven't learned about AMD yet..I don't really get the whole HT thing...haha. It's hard when you go from intel to AMD...

ndatoxicity: So no voltage bump!?

Well i've spent weeks overclocking my Kuma and at 3000mhz (15x multi) i didnt need to touch vcore or anything else. 61C stock prime95 9 hour avg temps. At 3300mhz i need a huge amount of vcore though, 1.50vcore 48C scythe cooler prime95 14 hour avg temp.

If you want to get 3000mhz without a vcore jump and to be completely stable you need the 780G. 78 - 58 = $20. The 780G is completely worth it with a current gen IGP, HT link @ 1.8mhz, More stable, 4 Memory Slots, and Alot more overclocking options.

Well I hate to kill the OC dreams but I just got off the phone with my friend and the machine needs to be stable as it's for his business. So that means no OC. I would have loved to but oh well. It's his call I guess.

So since we won't be OCing...shall we go with the 740G? I imagine at stock clocks there won't be much of a difference between the 740 and the 780Gs...? Thoughts...? It's going to have to be a difference worth $30, as well.

Back
Top Bottom