Resetting computer (Vista 32x)

You're making the components work harder playing GW, therefore they require more power. The PSU has degraded and now it can hardly power the system at idle.

Yuck!

Mm...Well someone b efore said 500 watts was more than enough for it. Did I mess up the power source by playing and now its not good? Again, I ask, is 500 watts good enough? Or should I get something higher powered?

Well to be honest, that power supply wasn't great to begin with IMO. 500 Watts is plenty to power your system IF you get a high quality power supply.
I would recommend this personally.

I do appricate everyone's opinion, I feel like replacing the supply would be a smart decision for me based on everyone's thoughts.

Here is one piece of information. I noticed, last night and tonight when my AVG virus protecter began scanning my computer shut itself off. But it was okay sitting on the screensaver with a picture editor running.

I see this as more evidence that the computer is trying to get its power from the supply and the supply is dying or is becoming faulty.

I think I focused the non gamng shut off to my AVG Free anti-virus. When it runs its daily scan it shuts off. When it doesnt, its fine. Now I cant tell where its at when it shuts off since it does it when my back is turned ><

While running Guild Wars, it only allows me to log in, so I can see my charc, and than it just resets the computer. Not shut off, complete restart.

Is that another notch in the, "bad power supply" theory? Or is there something faulty on my computer?

Back
Top Bottom