Asus P5k Premium - Bios clears itself when power is cut to MB

jimmy1542

Solid State Member
My Bios clears itself when power to the motherboard is cut off.

I have upgraded to the latest bios (version 1101) and put in a new CMOS battery.

Could the anode and the cathode of the CMOS battery be shorted somehow?

Bios settings are more or less default, except RAM is set to 667 MHZ, do to errors occurring in Vista on the "Auto" setting. But with default settings, it clears itself too, so it's probably not worth mentioning, although I just did. Really makes you think, doesn't it?

He said he put in a new battery..:D

Do you have a jumper to clear the cmos Jimmy?

when you changed the battery are you sure you got the right one?
Is it in the slot correctly?

He said he put in a new battery..:D

Do you have a jumper to clear the cmos Jimmy?

when you changed the battery are you sure you got the right one?
Is it in the slot correctly?

Yes, I cleared the CMOS by removing the battery and moving the jumper, but I'm not sure why since it was already clear. That's my problem. It clears itself every time the power supply is turned off.

The battery model number is the same. Also they both measure ~3 VDC. It is in the slot correctly.

Yes, I cleared the CMOS by removing the battery and moving the jumper, but I'm not sure why since it was already clear. That's my problem. It clears itself every time the power supply is turned off.

The battery model number is the same. Also they both measure ~3 VDC. It is in the slot correctly.

I think PokerDegenerate was asking if you moved the jumper back when you were done.

Yes, the jumper is on pins 2 and 3.

I'm going to change the jumper when I get a chance and see if the contacts have good contact with the battery.

The jumper should be on 1 and 2 after you clear the cmos

you only leave it on 2 and 3 for about 5 or 10 seconds then move it back to 1 and 2 when it is cleared

Once you move it back to 1 and 2 you will be all set...:D:D

The jumper should be on 1 and 2 after you clear the cmos

you only leave it on 2 and 3 for about 5 or 10 seconds then move it back to 1 and 2 when it is cleared

Once you move it back to 1 and 2 you will be all set...:D:D

Sorry, I just guessed at the pin numbers. It is on pin 1 and 2.

OK so you did put the jumper back to the default setting after you cleared it then?

OK so you changed your CMOS battery, changed the Jumper and flashed your BIOS already so did you begin doing this after it began resetting itself or did you do one of these and it starting doing this afterward?

When you got the newest BIOS version did you use the flashing tool on your motherboard or did you download it and flash it yourself?

When you flashed your Bios you set all of your settings back to default before you flashed it right?

Another question you DID have your computer unplugged when you used the jumper to clear your cmos correct?

Back
Top Bottom