Graphics Card Question?

Shazer2

Baseband Member
I recentley bought a Dell Inspiron 1525. It came with a built in chipset. It was an Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950.

A few days later I downloaded GPU-Z. It said the memory of it was 8MB.

Can anyone tell me if you can install new graphic cards into laptops?

Thanks

Nope, you're stuck with what you have. Sorry.

You should be able to enter the BIOS and allocate more memory to the graphics system. It will help with performance a bit.

Oh well that stinks then.
When i save up some money I'm building custom PC anyway.

Personally I don't think I'm anywhere near good enough to be a gamer anyways so it doesn't really matter and also I think that Dell is the best brand. They would be even better if they used better graphics cards.

They do use very good mobile video cards. You need to look at their higher end models like the XPS series. Even the Inspiron series have an available GeForce 8400M GS.

Yeah I know about the XPS but I mean in all there machines they should have a decent Graphics Card.

The average person wouldn't need a graphics card. Like Older adults or people who use ther pc's for work or internet surfing only. Thats why they intergrate the graphics card into the system.

It's basically just another way for Dell to save money, just to use Necessary thing only

Yeah true, I suppose I should have bought a gaming system for the card inside it aye.

Back
Top Bottom