Is this an attempt to scam me?

rohan23

Fully Optimized
I'm selling my 360 and all of the accessories online.

"Hi, was guessing for a gift to buy for my best friend who was posted to Africa on a trainig course on eviromental pollution on his birthday next month, and while browsing facebook, i saw what you have for sale and found it quite nice as a birthday gift.
Would like to know if its till for sale.
I am willing to offer $600 for it, including shipping cost via Usps express mail. I will be paying through paypal, because its the safest means of online payment.
Hope to hear from you as soon as possible."

"How about you come and pick it up from me? I never had this posted on Facebook. I'll sell it to you for $450 if you can buy it from me today or tomorrow."

"ill buy it from u but i have no time to do pick ups it will be better if u send it to me and ill add $200 for all the stress u may go throug"

He wants to pay through Paypal. I don't have a lot of experience with selling on Craigslist.

"Hi, was guessing for a gift to buy for my best friend who was posted to Africa on a trainig course on eviromental pollution on his birthday next month, and while browsing facebook, i saw what you have for sale and found it quite nice as a birthday gift.

"How about you come and pick it up from me? I never had this posted on Facebook. I'll sell it to you for $450 if you can buy it from me today or tomorrow."

I wouldnt do it... Im 100% sure its a scam

From Craigslist
You can sidestep would-be scammers by following these common-sense rules:

* DEAL LOCALLY WITH FOLKS YOU CAN MEET IN PERSON - follow this one simple rule and you will avoid 99% of the scam attempts on craigslist.
* NEVER WIRE FUNDS VIA WESTERN UNION, MONEYGRAM or any other wire service - anyone who asks you to do so is a scammer.
* FAKE CASHIER CHECKS & MONEY ORDERS ARE COMMON, and BANKS WILL CASH THEM AND THEN HOLD YOU RESPONSIBLE when the fake is discovered weeks later.
* CRAIGSLIST IS NOT INVOLVED IN ANY TRANSACTION, and does not handle payments, guarantee transactions, provide escrow services, or offer "buyer protection" or "seller certification"
* NEVER GIVE OUT FINANCIAL INFORMATION (bank account number, social security number, eBay/PayPal info, etc.)
* AVOID DEALS INVOLVING SHIPPING OR ESCROW SERVICES and know that ONLY A SCAMMER WILL "GUARANTEE" YOUR TRANSACTION.

Definitely a scam bro.

I sell tons of stuff on craigslist and I dont even bother to respond to those emails. If they are not willing to come pick it up in person and hand me cash then there is no way i am handing them over anything.

If you do respond just try and scare them a little bit by telling them that you have their IP address and you are reporting them to the FBI for internet securities fraud or something else....ROFL

Have him pay by western union. If he does, probably not a scam. They could be using a stolen paypal. Ask what country in africa. I wouldn't ship to Nigeria or somolia, because, even if they actually do pay you with their own money, it is probably theirs that they scammed somebody out of.

"Let me throw in another $200 for stress".........I don't see how this is even up for question of scam or not.

OMG, that exact same guy has tried scamming me so many times. I wish I had his messages in my inbox, but his stories were always something like "Well I live in Canada and my son is doing boarding school in Africa and that he said he had his own shipping company." And all of that f*cking shit.

The english is appalling - sounds like a nigerian scammer to me.

You could do nevermind1534's idea and ask for western union because I believe they would need to pay WU in cash for you to receive it so you should be safe

Back
Top Bottom