Newegg Open Box.. Scam?

I bought an open box before. It was only an $10 difference from new. I got it, and it was just the graphics card, nothing else. No cables, CDs, etc. It just came in a plain brown box. The graphics card still works even today, and I bought it about 2 years ago. Heck, I even bought an recertified graphics card from newegg and it worked for 3 years till the fan started to go bad.

You just get as much chance as an new item. Just because its new doesnt mean its guarantee to work. You still get an 50/50 chance of it not working, thats how things are. I bought new things, and they came in defective.

If you get an DOA, just contact them, and they will give you an prepaid shipping label, and just send it back free of charge (they did it for me). If you prefer to not contact them, then you would have to pay for shipping charges.

Most of the time, an Open box is usually because of incompatibility issues.

I have no problem with saving a buck here or there.

It's just that you ordered this card without really knowing what an "open box" product is, and then cried foul after reading up on it. Just relax, it will be fine. If it does show up DOA, they'll issue you a full refund.

Well its just i work 45 hours a week currently and i commute 2 hours back and forth home. So basically all i get to do during the week, is just mess with my computer Its really the only hobby i have right now. So if the video card comes dead on arrival thats probably 4 weeks without a video card, thats why im kinda complaining bout all this man.

But itll probably work out fine, powercolor isnt that bad of a company anyway. im sure they dont overlook there rma's and resell them

I always look for open box items first when I need something, when you know what you're doing to some extent you don't need the driver CDs and accessories...

an open box product is shipped with everything the product needs to function but not guaranteed to come with the accessories, that's why I've never bought motherboards with the FX sound card for instance, there's no guarantee that it will be included because the motherboard will work just fine without it...

some people get their open box items with all the accessories as well, there's no guarantee that you'll get the accessories, but there's also no guarantee that there won't be any either, it's a crap shoot, most people can do without the driver CDs and such anyway, unless you buy an item right after it's release the drivers are sometimes outdated anyway...

just make sure you download the drivers for the card before it arrives in case the CD isn't included, personally, I've never had a problem with an open box item from teh 'egg, but maybe I'm just lucky...

good luck...

Well its just i work 45 hours a week currently and i commute 2 hours back and forth home. So basically all i get to do during the week, is just mess with my computer Its really the only hobby i have right now. So if the video card comes dead on arrival thats probably 4 weeks without a video card, thats why im kinda complaining bout all this man.

But itll probably work out fine, powercolor isnt that bad of a company anyway. im sure they dont overlook there rma's and resell them

I think sometimes also that open box could be a package that was damaged during shipping where the only real "defect" is the retail packaging was torn or crushed but we all know that there is usually plenty of padding in the case to accommodate for this anyways. Im sure everything will work out just fine for ya prodigy.

Back
Top Bottom