questions

esa193

Fully Optimized
if u have 2 gpus running 3 monitors
are both of them used by games to get better frames per second?
for example
will 2 280gtxs beat a 280gtx and a 9400gtx if there NOT in sli
just running a 3 monitor set up

Well from what I've heard esa193, you cannot run more than 1 monitor when you're on an SLI setup.

No, only the main card is used for gaming. In this case your GTX 280 would only be used to render the graphics. The second card is strictly for visual purposes on your secondary monitor.

so they would both be the same meaning that
buying 2 280 gpus would be stupid if im NOT running them in sli....

if u have 2 gpus running 3 monitors
are both of them used by games to get better frames per second?
for example
will 2 280gtxs beat a 280gtx and a 9400gtx if there NOT in sli
just running a 3 monitor set up
Nope. The video cards are operating separately and your games will run the same in either setup.

Yes, buying two GTX 280's would be a waste if not running in SLI.

Yeah, you can run 2 monitors but one will have stuff for like email and the other would be fore games. You could run dual monitors if you went with just one GTX 280 though. :D

EDIT: But it's pointless to go with dual 280's if only one card is going to be used for basic desktop stuff. You could buy a simple 9400GT for another monitor if you wanted to save the power of GTX 280 strictly for gaming though.

Ok, so, say I'm trying to run 6 monitors, i have a geforce 9400 gt already (doesn't support SLI) and i was looking at dual GTX 260's to support my other 4 monitors, it would be useless?

Ok, so, say I'm trying to run 6 monitors, i have a geforce 9400 gt already (doesn't support SLI) and i was looking at dual GTX 260's to support my other 4 monitors, it would be useless?

Yeah, it would be totally useless.

It would be useless if he was SLIing them. but separately, it would be just be way overkill. 2 9500GT's or 2 4670's would be good for 4 monitors.

Back
Top Bottom