re-install

orpey1

Baseband Member
Hi I dont know if i,m i the right part of the forum but here goes.I have just re-formatted another laptop(done once before and was fine) and re-installed windows xp. Everything installed properly apart from i have got no net working options and it couldnt find my wireless card.Also in properties , device manager, hardware it says drivers could not be found, and they all have a question mark next them, for the following ,
other devices;ethernet controller
mass storage controller
multimedia audio controller
network controller
pci modem
video controller
video controller (VGA compatible

It can find the network adapter

Any help would be appreciated

Julie

What are the specs/model number of your laptop? Im sure we can find the drivers for you

Hi thankyou for your reply. The lap top is a ADVENT 7104 model no. EAA 88.
Not quite sure what specs you need but it is intel (R) Pentium (R) M processor 1.70GHz. Not sure what else you need.

Can I download these programmes and put them onto a memory stick to install on the laptop. This is my pc that I am using now.
Thankyou.

Yeah, just download them to the memory stick and then connect that to the laptop and install drivers from there. Job done! :)

Thankyou very much for your help.

Hi I downloaded and installed the drivers you recommended however I still get no eveidence that i have a wireless card installed and it also says I need drivers for;
mass storage controller
multimedia storage controller
network controller
PCI modem

I would appreciate any more help.
Thankyou.

Hi again
I have managed to get up and running via ethernet but still have one driver missing, network controller.
It still does not aknowledge that i have a wireless card or if i use a usb wireless adapter it does not find this either. Could this be because of the missing driver, if so any idea where i can find it.
Thankyou

Found it, installed and can now pick up wireless router. Problem is it says it is no longer in range even though it is next to it.Any ideas please. Thankyou.

Back
Top Bottom