What do you guys think of me?

rohan23

Fully Optimized
I'm writing an admission paper. It asks me to find out what my family, friends and people who I work with think about me. Since I don't have a job, I thought this place would be a good substitute.

EITHER

A really helpful guy with a great sense of humour and the strength to push on when life gets tough

OR

LEG END

This is the beginning so far. What do you guys think? I'd love feedback, whether it's good or bad.

Computers have always fascinated me. From the way they work to the valuable services they provide for us. I grew up as one of those kids who took everything apart as a child. I was so fascinated with what made things work. It didn't matter if it was the remote for the television or my morphing action figures. I found tranquility in taking things apart and assembling them back together. One day my cousin began building his own computer. I was instantly hooked onto the thought of building my own. It was mostly curiousity and a little competitiveness that pushed me. $1000 later, we were finally finished. Not only was my computer faster than his, I learnt so much about the technical aspects, I amazed my uncle who worked in IT. It was a great feeling to find something I loved learning about and loved working on. Ever since that moment, I knew I wanted to work with computers as I grow up. I currently am repairing and building computers for people out of my basement. This gives me the oppurtunity to work with real life deadlines and how to interact better with people. It's always tough explaining to a person just why they need to spend more on their computer than they originally planned. But it's a great feeling once they learn. This is a tough time for the people. The economy is bad and the college bound students don't have that extra space to experiment to find out what they want to do later in their life. I'm glad I have found my calling and plan to take full advantage of my decision.

I think that you are a very helpful person that is friendly and easy to get along with but some of your thoughts and ideas may be controversial.

Atleast your one of the people moving forward with this hobby, dont give up man.

Its kinda hard to get an impression of a person on a forum but i think that you are extremely knowledgable about computing obviously, probably alot more than what i have seen and when i saw some pictures of your build it looked really professional, you definitely have skill rohan. And i do remember some of the comments you gave me when i had questions about building really helped me, Seriously all i did was get the parts you guys recommended for my price range, get it shipped to my house and then learn how to build it from this forum.

But i would change the part where you explain that a person needs to spend more for a computer. I mean i built my comp for $510 (not including yamaha sound system), i probably could have gotten it at $390 if i just went with a 780G mobo and not bought an aftermarket cooler. And this build plays crysis warhead on all gamer spec 1440x900res at 42fps avg. If someone wants a comp at a certain price, it should be possible to pull off (but it might take some considerable amount of time on newegg to do it) but if the customer is requesting a quad core desktop comp at $300 like on that other thread, than yeah you need to explain thats not possible. idk maybe im wrong

well i would say not to start with

"i have always been fascinated with..." its become way too standard. break from it. even if it takes you an hour just to think of another opening, go for the diff opening.

I revised it with the help of my lovely lady friend.

Computers have always fascinated me. From the way they work to the valuable services they provide for us. I grew up as one of those kids who took everything apart as a child. I was so fascinated with what made things work. It didn't matter if it was the remote for the television or morphing action figures. I found tranquility in taking things apart and assembling them back together. One day my cousin began building his own computer. I was instantly hooked into the thought of building my own. It was mostly curiosity and a little competitiveness that pushed me. Two weeks later, we were finally finished. Not only was my computer faster than his, I learned so much about the technical aspects, I amazed my uncle who worked in Information Technology. It was a great feeling to find something I loved learning about and enjoyed working on. From that moment on, I just knew computers were fascinating to me and I wanted to pursue this field in the future. I currently am repairing and building computers for people out of my basement. Working in the IT field will give me the opportunity to interact directly with people, which is one of my assets. I will also be managing deadlines and priorities. Because of the economy, people are a little hesitant to spend money on computers and updating their information. I like to know that I can help them understand what changes need to be made with minimal amount of expenses. I'm glad I have found my niche and I plan on demonstrating my ability to set fourth towards my goal

Back
Top Bottom