Acne skin care?

Accutane has been the best thing that has ever happened to me. I ended my treatment about five months ago and I have never been happier. I'll try and see if I have before and after pics. Trust me OP, those two orange pills will give you everything you ever wanted in life. I'm not even kidding.

If your acne is bad enough for you to need Accutane, then I am absolutely sure that after you go through the 6 months of treatment you will have perfectly clear skin.

It certainly helps with the redness of scars as well. Surely you know what I mean, if the scars are deep enough then they get this gross pinkish/red color. That all went away. Accutane also definitely helped fill them up. The really small, non-deep scars all went away and the really really deep ones lessened in size greatly. My face looked like Poland in '40 before, now I only have two small scars. You should talk to your dermatologist, they have this acid treatment that makes residual scars go away. I have my appointment next Saturday.

Keep in mind that Accutane doses differ as well. I was on 40mg twice a day, but it is not uncommon to do 10 in the morning and 30 in the evening, so 1/2 of my dose. It does help out with the scars, and I am sure will be able to tackle your mild acne in a matter of months. It also works on general skin color and health.

I am sure when they will prescribe you Accutane they will tell you not to drink/do drugs while on it. Well... I abode by those rules for a good week. Make sure to go get your blood tested as the derma tells you. If he says your liver is fine after the first blood test, you are pretty much clear to drink. I advice caution though, when you are on Accutane, you get drunk much faster. Therefore take how much you usually drink/smoke and divide it by ten. If that doesn't get you to your necessary "messed up" level, do a bit more. However, do NOT attempt to drink and/or smoke as much as you did before going onto the treatment.

right now im on isotretinoin. it takes a couple months but afterwards my acne should be gone completely for good. ight now im on my second month out of 5 (or 6 if needed) and it doesnt seem like its doin too much yet but im hoping it helps

That's just a generic form of Accutane. Give it a few more months, the real progress happens in the 4th, 5th and 6th month.

Accutaine apparently weakens bones though, so its never to be used if you do many sports that could result in injuries/bone fractures.

I played Soccer, Hockey and Lacrosse- all on high performance teams, while on Accutane. My bones were fine.

Its also very dangerous if you are a female, and could get pregnant/is pregnant.

Wear a raincoat if you are a guy and you'll be fine.

More is here:

"Do not take vitamin supplements containing vitamin A while you are taking Accutane.

Accutane can weaken bones. Avoid sports or activities that may result in injury or bone fracture.

Do not donate blood while taking Accutane and for at least 30 days after you stop taking it. Donated blood that is later given to pregnant woman could lead to birth defects in her baby if the blood contains any level of Accutane.

Do not use wax hair removers or have dermabrasion or laser skin treatments while you are taking Accutane and for at least 6 months after you stop taking it. Scarring may result.

Avoid exposure to sunlight or artificial UV rays (sunlamps or tanning beds). Accutane can make your skin more sensitive to sunlight and sunburn may result. Accutane can cause side effects that may impair your vision, especially at night. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to see clearly."

http://www.drugs.com/accutane.html

May have to ask my doctor about it though. But I never like the long list of possible side effects!

Most of that is EXTREMELY rare. Just don't have unprotected sex, donate blood or get hair waxing. You will be fine, trust me.

I may have to go to the doctors to see if I can get it prescribed...

If you have any issues about taking it, feel free to hit me up here, on AIM, on MSN or on Skype. I will be more than happy to talk about it. As a kid, I had horrible acne and learned quite a fair bit about it. My dermatologist also happens to be my neighbor (imagine my surprise when I walked into his office and saw my neighbor there), so if you have any questions for him, I will be happy to answer those as well. He and I play 360 together hahaha.

Accutane works. . .

My son was taking it for a case of severe acne that he had on his face and upper back. It completely cleared it up.

Will the results be permanent? Or slow the results down after taking them? i.e, if I went off them, they'd come back?

Because I get one every week or so, and it never completly clears up, and I'd expect this would continue. I've had old ones flare back up again too that haven't scarred in the past.

If you're only getting one or so every week or so, I don't think they would prescribe Accutane as it's mainly for severe cases. They have other medications to use that are less severe and effective for mild outbreaks such as tetracycline and topical ointments containing erythromycin.

I've also heard good things about Proactiv

Yeah, but unlike with a lot of people, where spots come and go, mine never do.
They get smaller, turn red, and scar. So with every new one I get, I'm getting another mark on my face.

I've also started getting them on my upper back/upper front

Will the results be permanent? Or slow the results down after taking them? i.e, if I went off them, they'd come back?
Forgot to answer this.

For the majority of users, the results are permanent if you complete the prescribed course. It is recommended to finish the entire prescription for the best results.

Because I get one every week or so, and it never completly clears up, and I'd expect this would continue. I've had old ones flare back up again too that haven't scarred in the past.

After the you finish the course of treatment, about 5-6 months the Accutane will stay in your system for another month-month and a half. It will continue to make it better until that time. After it completely washes out of your system, usually people are completely free of acne for the rest of their lives. In 15% of the cases, a second course is prescribed- at a lower dose and lessened time period. No one ever has to go on a third.

Back
Top Bottom