New Build No Post

shadygirl420

In Runtime
Ok just got done doing a new build for a friend. Of course not without running into issues. Everything powers of, fans spin, i even hear the hard drive spinning, but nothing at all on the screen. Also the first time i turn it on it re boots then it will stay on but nothing comes on the screen. Here is what i am using

motherboard-msi p43 neo3
cpu-from old dell xps 400 Pentium D 2.8GHz Dual Core
ram from old dell
video card from old dell

ive taken everything out and went with bare minimum still nothing

im curios maybe the cpu is not compatible with the motherboard

please help

It should be fine. Specs on websites state that it supports Pentium D processors. Hmm...

Does the RAM meet these specs?:

# Supported RAM Technology DDR2 SDRAM
# RAM Installed ( Max ) 0 MB / 16 GB (max)
# Supported RAM Speed PC2-4300 , PC2-5300 , PC2-6400
?

Also do you notice the motherboard beeping at all? If so how many and how long in between?

Mine doesn't beep either, but thats because I never got a speaker with the motherboard/case so haven't ever used one.

Hmm... Tested the video card?

Also, it is possible you could have got a dodgy motherboard. It happens :(

That site makes no sense to me... all those code names.

I've looked on motherboard buying sites, and it does say Pentium D's are supported though

well i just tried the cpu out of my computer and now it just keeps rebooting itself, also noticed on the motherboard box it says no returns if opened

Check the video card and make sure it's seated in the PCI-E slot correctly. Also, make sure you have the AUXP4 plugged in. Most boards don't turn on without it, but some just boot and do nothing.

Back
Top Bottom