Advertising in sigs?

Is advertising in sigs not allowed? If so,i think it should not be allowed.

I Have noticed quite a few new members with absolutely pointless posts but test links to dodgy websites (Such as survey sites and such)?

i dont think its possible to advertise in sigs. I think they do more of this

Or am I wrong?

You can link to things in your sig as far as i know. Teny's explanation makes sense to me.

Hyperlinks in the sigs are disabled. If you see a hyperlink in a post, it's a part of the message itself as teny demonstrated.
Friggin spammers will use this method if they find the links in sigs has been disabled.
On a side note, I'm finding here even though the account has been banned the links are still in the posts. So even though the spammer has been banned their "garbage" remains.

Seti has a point there. Potential conflict of interest at play, we should look into that.

Is advertising in sigs not allowed? If so,i think it should not be allowed.

I Have noticed quite a few new members with absolutely pointless posts but test links to dodgy websites (Such as survey sites and such)?

A plain text link is allowed (such as setis) but hyperlinking is disable so if you see a full link its part of their actual post.

Spam posts should be moved to the spam forum anyway so they shouldn't be visible

Back
Top Bottom