I need an Laptop Cooler

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
What do you guys recommend? I have the Compaq CQ50-105NR. This laptop gets pretty hot, and it burns when I touch it. I have to keep a binder under it so it could get decent airflow so it wont shutdown by itself due to heat, even if I placed it on a flat surface.

I dont know anything about laptop coolers. I would like one for around $20, if theres an better one for more, feel free to post, and I will consider it. The fan is located on the top left quadrant of the laptop.

Thanks in advance.

wow i cant believe how much you know about laptops 01001010. Thread pretty much solved with that link. Hopefully you can help me buy a laptop when i need one 01001010. xD

Thanks for the article. I started to read it, and found out my temperatures are in the Danger Zone, so I better go out and get an cooler. Now... where did my ruler go...

EDIT - Is it a good idea having an fan blowing on a fan going the same way?

The article told me to measure all vents to make sure the cooler aligns with it. I dont know if I should consider getting a cooler that blows into the fan also or just the other vents.

Get one the blows into the vents. I bought one recently and with my laptop the cooler sucks. I have to have my laptopn on it halfway so it blows into the vents under it and pushes air out the back vent. Looks like you will have the same setup that i do.

We bought a laptop cooler because after I upgraded our RAM, the thing would over heat. We got a nice Targus 15" notebook cooler with 2 fans and it keeps our 17" Toshiba nice and cool now. It's not overheated once since we bought the cooler. :D

Back
Top Bottom