Car Thread!

I don't have any pictures to go with my progress, camera is dead, but I will try and get them tomorrow.

I had a Homer Simpson moment while working... I could only get one bolt off the flywheel holding the torque convertor on. It was the only one I could get a socket around. The other ones I tried with an open end wrench. Bad Mistake, one was pretty badly stripped... Anyway, my Homer moment was, I never thought of rotating the engine to get at the other bolts... Once I did that, I could get 2 more off, and the last bolt I had to use a vice grip since it was stripped. But I got that off, and took the fly wheel off.
Took out the spark plugs to try a thumb compression test. And the spark plugs are slightly black at the ends... (picture tomorrow) so I think there is a small oil leak in the cylinders. All 8 plugs look the same too. With the thumb compression test, and a ratchet on the crank pulley, my dad says some cylinders have a little more compression then others... So we need to replace the cylinder gaskets, or valves, w/e it is.
Started cleaning as well... This will be a long process, haha. Out side will take a couple days, with detergent or something similar. Then some sand paper and rust remover on a couple spots.
In the intake ports of the heads, there seems to be some carbon or something. I should probably take the heads in for a valve job and good cleaning at NAPA.
I have a friend who just received his automotive degree, and is also rebuilding a 5.0L out of an 80s Lincoln, so he can help me out some I hope.

Anyway, I'll try and get some pics tomorrow.

IMAGE_1012.jpg

IMAGE_106.jpg

IMAGE_103.jpg

IMAGE_102.jpg

IMAGE_097.jpg

Ya, I have a 350 LT1, that's not modded...yet, but my car could beat the RS, but it'd be a much closer match than you'd probably expect (3.6L putting out 304HP), and the SS(6.2L) wouldn't even be a match it would walk away from me like nothing.

I took a bunch more pictures, I have them up here www.hascet.com

Yeah, for a V6, it has some power. My 302 won't even have that power when it's done. But it will still have more low end torque.

You should fix that engine up a bit, get a couple more horses. Cam, windage tray, some aluminum pulleys, cheap, but can get you some power.
I want to get nitrous injection sometime... cheap 100hp, and with like a purge switch, it would be so fun to pull up next to a riced out car, and purge it, lol. And 100 hp at the press of a button. I would def take out cruise control and wire it into that button, so someone else driving the truck presses the button for cruise, and 100hp kicks in, lol.

Back
Top Bottom