Hardware Installation Order

PCNoob2

Daemon Poster
What's the easiest most efficient way to install parts?

Like should I put the mobo in first and then install components like the video card and memory and CPU? Or should i install all the stuff before installing the motherboard into the case?

It's been a while since I've built a computer so just some basic building tips would also be deeply appreciated.

Thanks

It depends on your case. I have a removable motherboard tray, so I just throw everything on the motherboard outside. I would recommend CPU, RAM, motherboard, GPU, and then any extra PCI cards you may have running.

psu first, plug it in to ground ur case...then mobo.... put in cpu, then memory, then video card... take out ur expansion slot and mount mobo...... THEN mount either optical drive or hard drive.... make all ur data connections, then all ur power connections...

I would install the CPU and heatsink to the motherboard first. It makes getting the HSF on much easier. you can also install the memory too. Then install the mobo into the case followed by the power supply. Then you can attach the cables from the front of the case to the mobo, then install your drives.

I personally install CPU, heatsink, RAM, then fit mobo, once mobo is seated correctly i add all expansion cards and then connect case fittings and HDD and optical storage etc. Dont forget to ground yourself at all times with antistatic strap, alot of people dont use these but its better to be safe than sorry when you have spent your money on the latest upgrades.:)

I personally install CPU, heatsink, RAM, then fit mobo, once mobo is seated correctly i add all expansion cards and then connect case fittings and HDD and optical storage etc. Dont forget to ground yourself at all times with antistatic strap, alot of people dont use these but its better to be safe than sorry when you have spent your money on the latest upgrades.:)

case fittings?

is there any way to construct an impromptu antistatic wristband?

the principle behind it is pretty simple...

Back
Top Bottom